The 6th Day Foosh Gun ID Help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mercury

Sr Member
An obscure gun prop replica that I've wanted for ages. Just purchased this from Spatcave who picked it up here years ago. All he could remember was it was supposed to have been cast off a screened used piece. I'd like to know a bit more info about it if possible. Does anyone recognize who might have made the casts?

Spatcave's Pics of the gun I bought.

Thanks for any info.

Kevin

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MattMunson

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you can take a pic down the center of the top barrel, I will be able to provide a positive identification :)

Many years ago, someone was offering a pull from the production made mold. It wasn't the master pattern, but just one step removed. It was sold with the intent of reproductions being made and offered to the board. My guess is this is from that batch, or a recast of it. There was a minor change made to the top barrel, which is what will allow me to ID it.

Mercury

Sr Member
If you can take a pic down the center of the top barrel, I will be able to provide a positive identification :)

Many years ago, someone was offering a pull from the production made mold. It wasn't the master pattern, but just one step removed. It was sold with the intent of reproductions being made and offered to the board. My guess is this is from that batch, or a recast of it. There was a minor change made to the top barrel, which is what will allow me to ID it.
I just bought it last night and as such don't have it in my hands yet but I'll take a pic of more views including the area you mentioned as soon as I can. I'm looking at the end of the week (if I'm lucky) before it arrives. Thanks Matt, for the info.

edit: re-reading the description from Spat, he did mention he seemed to remember it was screened used or from original molds so that does point to the possibility it's one of the batch you mentioned. I'll get your verification one way or the other as soon as it arrives.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

MattMunson

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, the nozzle will answer a lot of questions :) Please keep me posted. Shoot me a PM when you post the pics, as I may miss the thread.