The $50 AT AT 'miniatures' ... worth repainting?

ArtistTheGeek

Just been looking at some pics of this AT AT from the 'miniatures' line over on rebelscum.com..... 14" high.. and for the price it doesn't look bad at all...

Now for someone who could never ever EVER afford the MR version... but who loves repainting / customising things... I wonder if this would be worth buying and detailing to turn into a (much.) cheaper version... as it's miles better than the old Hasbro version too.

I'm thinking with a bit of decent repainting, this could make quite a decent display piece for the shelf, what do you lot think? Anyone actually seen one?

Yes, I have seen one. It's a great looking piece, but a little disappointing. Disappointing because there is absolutely NOTHING on it that moves. It's either best left in the box or, as you are wanting to do, take it out and repaint it. Not much else could be done with it, but then I guess the MR is that was as well. If you do decide to repaint, please post some pics.

Steveo

I've seen on in person as well. They do not compare to the MR as far looks or accuracy to the model, but for $50 this is a very nice piece.

Thanks for bringing this up... now I have to go get one :)

Mine has been shipped. Should get it early in the week. I'll be sure to post pics.

I was chomping at the bit for this to come out ever since seeing it at C3. I think it's an incredible display piece.

Originally posted by The Batman@Nov 12 2005, 09:41 PM
anyone have a pic?  I would love to see this.

-Matt
[snapback]1115273[/snapback]​

SWminiATATloose.jpg

Originally posted by phase pistol@Nov 13 2005, 05:47 AM
The only thing I'm not liking is the solid parts where the piston connects the feet...

SWminiATATbk.jpg

- k
[snapback]1115387[/snapback]​

Its probably extruded plastic hence the way the pistons the feet are contected. but a dremel and some tubeing could fix that right away. And considering its ment to be in scale with the 1.5" tall plastic figures for the game its associated with its not too bad of an item.

I just got one om e-bay with a BIN of $36.00. shipping was a rip at $12.00, but all in all less than $50.00 delivered. I think it's cool.

I just ordered one. There's an auction on E-bay right now(if you type in "at-at" you'll find it) where the miniature is 34.99 and the shipping is $2.50(in the US). If you use the E-bay holiday code:" C1-Holiday2005 " you get an extra $3.50 off. :D

The total price comes to $33.99 shipped and there are 6 available still with 3 days remaining on the auction... if anyones interested. :)

Can't wait to see tutorials on modding this one. $50 is an awesome price for that, especially for those you don't have the $1000 to spend.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Nov 13 2005, 05:40 PM
Can't wait to see tutorials on modding this one.  $50 is an awesome price for that, especially for those you don't have the $1000 to spend.
[snapback]1115565[/snapback]​

Very good deal for shipping of the walker. Good find.

How can one leg be angeled AND standing flat on the floor while the other 3 are straight ???
Don't like the bent "rubber-sidguns". Don't like the pistons at the feet. Don't like the cut in the legs (which was only at one of the falling models). Don't like that it is not much bigger than AMTs kit. Don't like many of the details.
Like the price and like that you can remove the base.
Not enough to buy...

How can one leg be angeled AND standing flat on the floor while the other 3 are straight ???

Notice that the hip joint on the bent leg is rotated lower than the other 3 hip joints. That's how it can have all 4 feet planted firmly on the ground.

I'd say that if you want a nice model, you're better off with the MPC/Ertl/AMT kit, unless you just HAVE to have it that little bit larger. There seem to be a lot of simplifications made on the WOTC piece, and if the material is similar to what their AT-ST's and other "huge" minis are made of, it'll be a bear to work with. And, for the same price, you can get three kits, and make a nice diorama.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back