the 100

astroboy

Master Member
Anyone else watch this?

It's kind of like Galactica meets lord of the flies......but with attractive teens.

It really should be quite terrible but they stepped up their game in the first season and now it's fantastic

On the surface, the entire premise of the show should have utterly failed, but they really came out swinging and made the people be believable in their roles. I like it.

It's also great with game changers. They commit to decisions and you really don't know where the show will go. In a way, it could morph into a post-post-apocalyptic walking dead type of show. But with better dialogue and acting

i found this by accident while channel surfing, luckily caught the first episode only 5 minutes into it, since then i havent missed a single episode and absolutely love it, so far we in the uk are only on episode 4 of season 2.

There's a few points where it is a little unbelievable (ark fall) but overall, it's a really impressive series.

Exactly. Also, unlike most shows with pretty people, the cast here is quite believable as their characters. They aren't afraid to dirty them up either.

The wife and I both love it. It's also refreshing that in each episode so far something actually happens. They're not dragging plots out and making things happen in every episode.

David

It's quite enjoyable, tough the lead female's voice drives me crazy.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

She's basically a Diane lane clone. Unfortunately, her character feels rather redundent at this point. She started off the series quite strong, but while everyone else has evolved, she hasn't.

I think that's part of her story arc. She has to come to terms that her daughter is an adult and she can't play Mama Bear anymore.

I think that's part of her story arc. She has to come to terms that her daughter is an adult and she can't play Mama Bear anymore.
Absolutely. But it's not just that. She is being REPLACED by Clarke.

So much so that if she isn't there in an episode, you don't notice. A lot happens on this show but for some reason , whenever she is there it feels like the brakes get applied.

At least jaha has been given more growth. His actions can actually motivate the story

No kidding, right?

It seems like they've taken a page from Terminator in regards to the nuke strike from a century back. Good to see Erica Cerra again, though.

Then again, it's too early for that to be definitive.

f Kage had been reasonable at all, he would have seen the wisdom in Marcus' offer to donate the marrow. Unfortunately, he forced Clarke and Bellamy's hand in the matter, making it a matter of "us or them".

I did like that Lincoln was the one who ended that miserable punk's existence. So satisfying.

No kidding, right?

It seems like they've taken a page from Terminator in regards to the nuke strike from a century back. Good to see Erica Cerra again, though.

Then again, it's too early for that to be definitive.

f Kage had been reasonable at all, he would have seen the wisdom in Marcus' offer to donate the marrow. Unfortunately, he forced Clarke and Bellamy's hand in the matter, making it a matter of "us or them".

I did like that Lincoln was the one who ended that miserable punk's existence. So satisfying.

I still don't entirely buy the grounders abandoning them like that. It didn't make any strategic sense. The mountain men had been making slaves of them for generations. More than anyone, they would want them dead.

But I do believe that Clarke should pay their leader a visit

As do I. Because reasons. Scientific reasons.

Here's the reason:

Abandoning the sky people was a bad move. it was the move of a coward. Betraying them was the move of a traitor.
(I do not believe that Clarke would have done the same thing. Because it was a bad move. They were moments from victory)

Clarke needs to go to them, point out that her people did what needed to be done. What the grounders backed out of.

She then needs to kill the leader, take over the grounders and then walk away, freeing them from their tribal dogma

Here's the reason:

Abandoning the sky people was a bad move. it was the move of a coward. Betraying them was the move of a traitor.
(I do not believe that Clarke would have done the same thing. Because it was a bad move. They were moments from victory)

Clarke needs to go to them, point out that her people did what needed to be done. What the grounders backed out of.

She then needs to kill the leader, take over the grounders and then walk away, freeing them from their tribal dogma

Except that, at this point, none of the Tree People are going to trust her to get close enough to Lexa to do anything like that. If she seeks and is granted an audience, she will be thoroughly searched and not allowed to be alone with her. If Clarke were to actually pull off an assassination, well as they say, "Blood must be answered with blood." At the very least, Clarke will be killed in the gruesome fashion that she saved Finn from suffering, and some of the more bloodthirsty Tree People like Indra, who no longer have Lexa's stabilizing influence and firm hand to keep them in check, will advocate for the genocide of all the Sky People, leaving just the Tree People behind to inherit the earth.

Also, Clarke is an outsider. There is no way that she can kill Lexa and take over. The Tree People may be tribal, but that tribal nature demands that Lexa's second take command, or at the very least another member of the tribe. Clarke would have exactly zero claim to it.

Additionally, "taking over and walking away" is not freeing them from their tribal dogma. The Commander leads the people, and to walk away from that responsibility would very likely mean her death as a traitor. Even if it were somehow possible, the Tree People are inured to their ways. They will simply get a new Commander and life will continue as normal.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back