That's no IKEA lamp, it's a space station!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by GlitchTech, Apr 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GlitchTech

GlitchTech Active Member

I've been looking for an excuse to buy the exploding "Death Star" style IKEA lamps. When I got fed up with my craft room lighting and needed something better, I finally got my chance.

But of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I mean, come on, these things just cry out to be transformed.

Ikea-Death-Star-Lamp_4.jpg

So I did. And since I needed two lamps for my space, I decided to make a certain princess's home planet, as well.

decal-site-2.jpg

I scanned in the lamp pieces, set up a template in Photoshop, and went to town. Once I had the designs ready, I sent them off to a vinyl decal printer, cut them out and stuck them on! I figured a few other people might want a set, so I put them up on my website. They're somewhat pricey to have made, so right now they are pre-order only and I'll make up a batch of them in July.

ikea-lamp-closeups-block.jpg

Has anyone else made anything else with these lamps? They're just too fun not to mod!

2. Arwyniel

Arwyniel Well-Known Member

haha, that's clever!

3. Gixxerfool

Gixxerfool Active Member

I've seen these hand painted and they're fantastic. As are these. A well placed laser pointer would really set them off. Great job.

4. globul

globul New Member

Nice and clever , love the idea!

5. Monkey67

Monkey67 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Outstanding work. yeah, a laser pointer done right would be so cool.

6. faille

faille Active Member

Nice job! I think about the Death Star everytime I see those, too. Kudos for executing in the idea :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk