That's no IKEA lamp, it's a space station!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

GlitchTech

I've been looking for an excuse to buy the exploding "Death Star" style IKEA lamps. When I got fed up with my craft room lighting and needed something better, I finally got my chance.

But of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I mean, come on, these things just cry out to be transformed.

Ikea-Death-Star-Lamp_4.jpg

So I did. And since I needed two lamps for my space, I decided to make a certain princess's home planet, as well.

decal-site-2.jpg

I scanned in the lamp pieces, set up a template in Photoshop, and went to town. Once I had the designs ready, I sent them off to a vinyl decal printer, cut them out and stuck them on! I figured a few other people might want a set, so I put them up on my website. They're somewhat pricey to have made, so right now they are pre-order only and I'll make up a batch of them in July.

ikea-lamp-closeups-block.jpg

Has anyone else made anything else with these lamps? They're just too fun not to mod!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gixxerfool

I've seen these hand painted and they're fantastic. As are these. A well placed laser pointer would really set them off. Great job.

faille

Nice job! I think about the Death Star everytime I see those, too. Kudos for executing in the idea :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk