Thanks to GSS!!

brisco1967

My Star Trek Enterprise Phase Pistol is almost done, I posted an add on Craigslist for some help with air brushing or spray painting it to give it a more polished look.
The laser is UN FRICKING REAL!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_160242.jpg
    IMG_20190314_160242.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
Oh just saw this:notworthy:
Thank you Russ but as far as accurate to the Enterprise show it's using a TOS phaser sound as that's the only sound card I had on hand:(
I could of also made the trigger setup to fire the laser with the sound without squeezing the back switch with your palm.
Believe it or not, I didn't want to dremel or grind to much of this prop and giving the choice to use the sound. The sound board was out of a Rubies Toy and the less they are used the better as they aren't the best electronics. I could of put a sound kill switch I guess but then as it's running 2 "lithium" battery's at up to 8.V for the laser I would of needed step down resisters for the 4.5V sound requirement, and electronics are far far from my strong points:whistle::whistle:
Glad you like it and be careful.....

I also have a great LPF friend who machined the nozzle/ heatsink..
4 or 5 years ago I had access to a bunch of lathes and machinery and it's a bummer I joined these prop forums 4 to 5 years to late!!

Oh just saw this:notworthy:
Thank you Russ but as far as accurate to the Enterprise show it's using a TOS phaser sound as that's the only sound card I had on hand:(
I could of also made the trigger setup to fire the laser with the sound without squeezing the back switch with your palm.
Believe it or not, I didn't want to dremel or grind to much of this prop and giving the choice to use the sound. The sound board was out of a Rubies Toy and the less they are used the better as they aren't the best electronics. I could of put a sound kill switch I guess but then as it's running 2 "lithium" battery's at up to 8.V for the laser I would of needed step down resisters for the 4.5V sound requirement, and electronics are far far from my strong points:whistle::whistle:
Glad you like it and be careful.....

I also have a great LPF friend who machined the nozzle/ heatsink..
4 or 5 years ago I had access to a bunch of lathes and machinery and it's a bummer I joined these prop forums 4 to 5 years to late!!
I'm tickled big time GSS. It works better then I imagined, and if it isn't one of a kind it is definitely ONE OF A FEW!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back