Thanks Stealth,Doc and Xrobots (My First FOAM Ironman build)

IronNeoo

I have been lurking on this site my whole Ironman build. I just would like to Thank, Stealth for all his tutorials, and XROBOTS for all of his. I would like to thank DocHoliday for helping me come up with a nice finish, even though its just foam. I will be uploading my pics each time I paint them.

Thanks again guys for your guidance, I love my suit!

533255_10151389564341729_1519444165_n.jpg

388167_10151389559486729_897544701_n.jpg

266131_10151346306101729_495436575_o.jpg

photoersdfsd.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo.jpg

im1.jpg

Last edited:
Nope I have followed DOC'S steps if you dont want to use rondo and resin. I have no experience with it so I tried his other method and it worked. Let me know if you need the link. Its really easy tho.

hey bud, can you share the link to that? I'm planning on going the PVA route, and will probably use PVA, then try smooth-on 320 for some parts. Trying to keep it simple as I will have little time to paint.

Can you tell me which kinds of paint will and will not work with foam+PVA? and/or foam+PVA+Plastic (smooth-on)? Thank you, great work so far! really digging the color! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

hey bud, can you share the link to that? I'm planning on going the PVA route, and will probably use PVA, then try smooth-on 320 for some parts. Trying to keep it simple as I will have little time to paint.

Can you tell me which kinds of paint will and will not work with foam+PVA? and/or foam+PVA+Plastic (smooth-on)? Thank you, great work so far! really digging the color! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-rondo-hardcore-battle-damage-149883/index8.html

Here is that link to Doc's thread that breaks it down in 7 to 8 steps.

photo22222222222222.jpg

Here is the color combo i have been using. Its about $10 a can but puts a nice finish on it, if u want to spend that much. If not, the color DOC suggest looks awesome to. Spray the silver first lightly and then the red on top of it, then ur glaze over it. That glaze makes it pop.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-rondo-hardcore-battle-damage-149883/index8.html

Here is that link to Doc's thread that breaks it down in 7 to 8 steps.

photo22222222222222.jpg

Here is the color combo i have been using. Its about $10 a can but puts a nice finish on it, if u want to spend that much. If not, the color DOC suggest looks awesome to. Spray the silver first lightly and then the red on top of it, then ur glaze over it. That glaze makes it pop.

Well, as I mentioned on that thread now, I have already PVA'd the legs... I'm pretty bummed about it. It's "only foam" but I'll have no time to rebuild anything. Looks like a perfect method! So you followed his steps exactly, heating, etc?

I suppose I could try from the mod podge step on some scrap PVA'd foam to see if it would work. We'll see. DANG. Thanks for your assistance though!!

Yea, I did it exactly from all the steps. I never used the PVA method, but Doc said it helps smooth the glue seems if you use PVA. Then, u gotta sand those seems with 200 grit sandpaper. Try the PLASTIDIP spray, that will smooth your surface out. You can get it from Lowes its like $6

Yea, I did it exactly from all the steps. I never used the PVA method, but Doc said it helps smooth the glue seems if you use PVA. Then, u gotta sand those seems with 200 grit sandpaper. Try the PLASTIDIP spray, that will smooth your surface out. You can get it from Lowes its like $6

ok, so you think perhaps PVA>sand seams>then plastidip? or PVA>sand seams>mod podge>then plastidip? thanks for your input!!! I'm going to experiment today if I get time. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

ok, so you think perhaps PVA>sand seams>then plastidip? or PVA>sand seams>mod podge>then plastidip? thanks for your input!!! I'm going to experiment today if I get time. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Yea, then after the PLASTDIP (3 coats) then do (2-3coats) of PRIMER SEALER) make sure its a primer sealer or it will turnout dull. I went thru this cuz I switched to a regular primer and it came out dull as hell. Then I realized it wasn't primer SEALER i was using.

Yea, then after the PLASTDIP (3 coats) then do (2-3coats) of PRIMER SEALER) make sure its a primer sealer or it will turnout dull. I went thru this cuz I switched to a regular primer and it came out dull as hell. Then I realized it wasn't primer SEALER i was using.

Ok weird I thought he called it filler primer... Ill look for primer sealer. Any particular brand? Acquiring materials as we speak

Ok weird I thought he called it filler primer... Ill look for primer sealer. Any particular brand? Acquiring materials as we speak

Sorry, either one will work. I am using FILLER now and it works fine. Just dont use regular primer. Doesnt seal....emmm I use automotive primer sealer, but im sure any works. I typically get the $6 cans, rather then the cheaper.

Sorry, either one will work. I am using FILLER now and it works fine. Just dont use regular primer. Doesnt seal....emmm I use automotive primer sealer, but im sure any works. I typically get the $6 cans, rather then the cheaper.

HAHA ok so you're using filler primer or primer sealer? confusion! :)(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back