Thanks for no help at all

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boba Debt

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm on the fence about this because I understand what he's feeling.

You join a forum that is supposed to be about a particular thing and then 99% of the posts bash the hobby or discuss it in a way that's not central what you expect.

I joined a gun forum that seemed to be all about customs gun (ARs in particular) build but most people just complained about other people mods and most were referred to as "mall ningas"

No one seemed interested in discussing mods or helping people with mods. There were lots of comments that had the "its on the internet , do the research yourself you lazy entitled brat" type of vibe

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
But that's not what was happening here. The topic starter posted a WTB thread, and if there is no reaction after only a few days, just starts blaming a complete community! That's just crazy. If he just waited a bit longer or just kicked his thread with a simple "Somebody...?", than chances were big he might actually get what he was looking for.

I posted a few WTB threads in the past too, and some of them were not succesfull, and a few were succesfull after a week or two (or longer).

If this crybaby wants something and gets mad if he doesn't get it after only a day or two, than this forum is not the place for him. Actually planet earth is not the place for him... He should live in some kind of ideal dreamworld with rainbows, unicorns and happiness all around... :lol:

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had threads with few replies, and a few with no replies at all. It doesn't bode well for me to bitch about it to everyone the way the op did.

Just saying. It's better to be polite than to be rude. In the forum and in life.

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had threads with few replies, and a few with no replies at all. It doesn't bode well for me to bitch about it to everyone the way the op did.

Just saying. It's better to be polite than to be rude. In the forum and in life.
Yes, and a single question can simply get lost if there are many posts in that forum that day.
If someone has the same issue as this op, simply BUMP the thread at least once before giving up.
Bumping it gives more likelihood that someone will see it, and respond.

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
He has definitely burned a few bridges with that verbal onslaught. If he asks for help on anything else people will think twice or thrice before helping as you probably wont give him 100% of what he wants...... Buuuuuuut the question remains...

WHAT THE HELL DID HE WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
He has definitely burned a few bridges with that verbal onslaught. If he asks for help on anything else people will think twice or thrice before helping as you probably wont give him 100% of what he wants...... Buuuuuuut the question remains...

WHAT THE HELL DID HE WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
After all this fuss, I'd love to know that as well. They say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but what do you do if the wheel doesn't care whether it gets grease or not ? If the question was important, he wouldn't have erased it.

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Whatever he wants, if I have it (and want to sell it), he can buy it from me... for twice the price it's worth. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.