Thanks for no help at all

AssCred

Lock this stupid topic already.

I can't believe you people have literally nothing better to do than post in a topic where someone couldn't give a **** what you think.

I'm allowed to voice my opinion regarding the obvious biases on community interest and the general inactivity of this subforum (seriously, why even have it, when 99% of requests get ignored?)
BUT OH NO, BAN ME FOR DISSENTING. Current year mentality, that's for sure. Thought this forum claimed to be above that kind of hivemend nonsense.

Now go back to obsessing over Hollywood's constant stream of excrement and stop worrying about me, kthx. You wouldn't have been interested in making it because it wasn't StAR WaRS or anything else from the last decade in the west, so forget about it. Done. Lock or delete the topic. I haven't cared since I edited it.

Last edited:

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
what the hell man, this attitude will not help you. I don't know what you were looking for but sometimes people have no clue for something in particular. I've had a lot of help from the want to buy section and I tried to help as much as I could as well. And sometimes for some object no one could help, it just happens. No need for this kind of messages. What you can expect is probbaly no help from the people that will remember your litle outburst in the future.

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, scolding the community because you didn't get the response you wanted will most certainly guarantee that you will receive no future support.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This attitude is common practice from this member. I have noticed it for a while from some of his posts. I recall reading his stuff and thinking he won't last long around here with these type of comments and interactions. I even saw him price bashing.... when the seller asks what his issue is, do you think he apologizes and deletes his post? No! He double downs and feels the need to say, "well, you can get the same quality cheaper on ebay".

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Only thing I'm thinking: "Man, I REALLY want to know what this RPF member was looking for!"

So AssCred, can you let us know what it was you were looking for? I only read this section of the forum only once every two or three weeks. Maybe I do have what you were looking for?

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, if he wrote the original message on July 7, 9:53pm and then wrote, "Don't know what else I was expecting." on July 10, at 3:39pm
then, he waited 65.5 hours before getting mad and posting that second message. I don't check want to buy every day either. I didn't see what the original message was about.

ZeroSum

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I guess it's this entitlement thing that kids have these days ;)

When I was a lad, if I wanted a special glove I would have to trek 10 days to the general store and if they didn't have the special glove I craved, they would have to make a request to the next person to travel by horse to the Big Smoke. That might take a month each way. And when I got my special glove eventually, if it wasn't the correct glove I would just have to wear it anyway. I don't know who ended up with a right handed sequinned glove, but I had to make do with the left handed version instead of a sturdy leather glove.

I joke, but it reminds me of a story my dad told me. Take a seat. I'll give you the short version. My dad said that when he was 14 he got his first pair of long pants (trousers for you Brits). No more shorts. Grown-up pants. A big milestone for him. His grandfather told him that when he was 14, his job was to travel by horse to the city the get supplies. He'd stay in the city overnight and the next day when the horse was fully laden with supplies, he would have to walk the horse all the way back. You tell that to kids these days and they wouldn't believe you :p The just want their instant internet gratification.

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Years ago (not too long ago), during summer time, me and a friend of mine (a girl, but not my girlfriend ;-) ) used to staff a mountain cabin at +3000 meters altitude, making sure it was heated (it can be cold in the Swiss Alps at night, even during summertime), welcoming guests (climbers), making sure they had a place to sleep, guiding them for their next trip, etc... The food was either brought by the climbers themselves or by helicopter once every two weeks (making ordering a mael at the cabin VERY expensive, so bringing your own and let us prepare it for you was much cheaper).

We also had to do with what was available at the cabin. Walking to the valley and back took us more than 12 hours when the weather was good. So in general we just stayed at the cabin, saw people come and leave, talked with all kind of nationalities, met nice people and not-so-nice people. Heard all kind of stories... It was heaven, without a smartpone, barely electricity (we had solar panels linked to batteries, just to power the lights in the evening for a few hours), no TV, no Netflix. But with fantastic nature around us, great air, fantastic stories, silence, ...

I think everybody should do this kind of (summer-)job once. It really shows what's important in life. You realize that having food and drinkable water is not that obvious. If your food has to be brought by helicopter, and you have to boil and cool down all the water you want to drink, it really puts things in perspective. If we were out of rice. Too bad: helicopter is coming within 10 days. We'll have to do with the pasta until then... Forgot to order toothpaste the last time and you ran out? Try brushing your teeth with just water then the next week (or maybe one of the guests is willing to leave his tube behind). Etc, etc... Ah man, great times!

Last edited: