TFA Snowtrooper Ultimate Build!

Also been working on the lower leg parts. I hopped on the sewing machine and made up a soft boot/shin cover. Then printed out the hard boot"spats." The parts are still unfinished and right off the printer. I used my mock sleeve as a pant leg placed inside the boot cover. The straps are also just sitting there with no real attachment so they can't be pulled too tight yet. I've since made a few adjustments to these shin parts in the pics. Parts may look correct and have good dimensions on the computer but sometimes when you print things out, they just don't look right. So, I reprinted all these parts again slightly larger. These parts (in the pics) are based on 1 inch nylon strapping for the boot straps, after studying all the reference, I've determined the straps are more than likely 1.2" or 30mm. Which means bigger buckles and loops. Again, I won't know for sure until I re-fit the new parts. Should have the 30mm straps in a few days, hopefully I'm right!

boot1.jpg

The boot spats are just duck taped together in the pics.
boot4.jpgboot3.jpgboot2.jpgboot5.jpgboot6.jpg

The original white Kamik boots.
boot.jpg

So jealous of those pieces! (And the boots!) Do you plan on at somepoint releasing/selling the 3d files?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just hadn't start my own yet and was excited about your build. Hope to see more snow trooper builds pop up. :)

No worries.

Love seeing the work you're putting into this. Your helmet is the first Snowtrooper helmet replica i see that actually looks like the real thing. It has some curves, that nearly no-one gets right.

You're gonna be the first to finish this up. Can't wait to see your next pics..

Cheers,
Wasili

Looks great! I was a bit disappointed that these guys had little to no role in TFA, hopefully we will see them again!

I'm new to these forums. After seeing the Snowtrooper armor, I knew I wanted to build one. Glad I found your awesome build, now I know it's possible.

Wow....that is just stunning!!!!! If you end up doing a run of these or something PLEASE let me know! I haven't seen a model of the pack that beautiful yet. Looks perfect!!

This thread is one of the reason I keep an eye on the RPF. You're doing a pioneer work here Watson, and I very much enjoy reading each of your updates. Good slicing this bad boy, this ain't going to be easy I think!
Thanks for keeping us posted, this new Snowtrooper is really beautiful.

Finally found some fabric for the suit! This stuff is awesome and looks identical to the real fabric. I've been searching for over 2 months, even got samples from China but their minimums were outrageous! Plus, they didn't have anything I was happy with. Here it is, made in the USA! I have 200 yards arriving next week.
fab3.jpgfab1.jpg
I sewed up a small test with the sample I got. Very happy with it!
sample sew.jpg

Attachments

• fab2.jpg
    fab2.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 101
Awesome!!! Where'd you get it??

Found a manufacturer here in the states. I will have the fabric available soon if anyone is interested. I'd prefer to keep my source unnamed because I'd like to maintain a good relationship with him in order to get more if needed and keep the minimum purchase reasonable. They're a manufacturer so I was very lucky to get them to sell to me with such a low minimum order amount.

Found a manufacturer here in the states. I will have the fabric available soon if anyone is interested. I'd prefer to keep my source unnamed because I'd like to maintain a good relationship with him in order to get more if needed and keep the minimum purchase reasonable. They're a manufacturer so I was very lucky to get them to sell to me with such a low minimum order amount.
Gotcha, well, if you ever end up doing those templates for the soft parts, I'll take those and some fabric! Haha

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back