TFA - 1:1 Melted Vader Helmet Sculpt (Version 2 begins pg. 8)

Re: TFA - 1:1 Burnt Melted Vader Helmet Sculpt

Damn man you got some skill!! Very interested if your going to do a run. Count me in as a buyer!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Man I have no idea how you would even start to make a mold of this thing.

... No kidding!!! I'm going to have to figure it out. It's going to have to be in sections. I'm thinking of just like the ROTJ reveal helmet itself.

... No kidding!!! I'm going to have to figure it out. It's going to have to be in sections. I'm thinking of just like the ROTJ reveal helmet itself.
That would be interesting for sure. Subscribed for sure, already laying some money aside for this if you do a run lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I came the the RPF this morning just to post a new thread asking if anyone had thought of doing a replica! Not only have you started, but it's magnificent MasterEdi! Well done. Count be in for a casting or even a commission if it's too hard to recast.

Ya know how a carved apple rots turning into an old lady face? Vaders helmet looks like three days. Your sculpt looks like day 6. If you could 'poof it out' a little, it will be dead on.....no pun. Trying to be helpfull as your sculpting skills are fantastic. Just giving you another fresh set of eyes.

Thanks for the 'Like". Its always tough gauging a strangers reaction to constructive criticism. But without it, there will never be version 1.5, 2.0 etc. haha. He looks great so far, I hope you work on it, let it sit and 'cook' ( Cook is a term I use when working on a project....let it sit for a while and when I come back, I can pick out the things that need fixin).

BTW, everyone does the main props, its the obscure ones I like the most, like this.!!!

Ya know how a carved apple rots turning into an old lady face? Vaders helmet looks like three days. Your sculpt looks like day 6. If you could 'poof it out' a little, it will be dead on.....no pun. Trying to be helpfull as your sculpting skills are fantastic. Just giving you another fresh set of eyes.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated... You get tunnel vision as you work on things this complicated over long sculpting sessions. I see what your saying. Sometimes stepping away for a while is the best thing to do. It allows you to approach things with fresh eyes. I will be finalizing and 'poofing' out my sculpt in the next couple of weeks. I definitely am leaning toward making it similar to a reveal helmet. It would solve a lot of the casting issues. As soon as I figure it out, I will be posting a limited run thread for everyone's overwhelming interest!... Stay tuned:thumbsup

My jaw just dropped!!! Kylo ren best have his safely locked up because im convinced you have his prized possesion! Subscribed and definatly keen if this ever is a run. Great stuff

My first ever subscribe. Looks fantastic!

Are you hand molding it? What are you using?

Hand sculpted. I'm using my personal favorite oil/wax based clay Chavant Le Beau Touché.... Give it a try if your a sculptor!

very nice sculpt, looks to me like with all of the under/overhangs you are going to have to cut it to make the molds. great work

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back