TF2 sniper rifle prop

changotx

Hey everyone! So recently i was asked to make a sniper rifle prop from tf2 for an upcoming con in my city.

So the first thing i did was make the stock out of EVA foam and used my rotary tool on it for a while to give it a curved shape.
20150708_224652.jpg
Next i added the barrel and gave the foam parts multiple coats of watered down elmers glue to make the foam less absorbent and to give the paint job a nicer look in the end.
18016cc2-a7ca-41ec-87d1-d916d37d88f2.jpg
After that all dried and i cleaned up the mess i got to work on the railing that goes below the scope. this part didn't take long because i got away with using scrap foam from previous projects.
1436689290192.jpg
then I got to work on making the scope. This was a bit more difficult than the other parts since i didnt have my heat gun to bend the foam into a circular shape to hot glue.
20150713_012730.jpg
20150713_040732.jpg
Once that was finished and the layers of glue were dry got to painting it. For the scope i used green spray paint (I cant remember which kind I used and I'm not at home so I cant check) and for the stock I mixed red and black acrylic paint to make the brown and the barrel and railing I mixed white and black to make grey. Then I just added the wire on the scope and glued the two parts together with hot glue and brought it over to the persons house to drop it off!
20150717_130210.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back