TESV: Skyrim - Amulet of Talos

FrogmanStudio

Yet another Skyrim prop!

This time I decided to tackle doing one of the Amulets of the Divines, and really wanted one of Talos, as it has a great and simplistic design.
Again I chose to use Castilene for this one, as I'm really starting to dig this wax for small and detailed work. I might even try my hand at a helmet using it!

The armature was very simple, which eventually led to very minor issues in sculpting, as my hand would either heat up the wax slightly, or even smudge fine details, like line work. Overall however, I was pleased with the end result. :)

For more words and text and stuff, feel free to check out the post on my blog about it, here!

Now, pictures!

talos01.jpg

talos02.jpg

talos03.jpg

talos04.jpg

talos05.jpg

talos06.jpg

Thanks Wolf!
I'm loving doing the 'small' things in the game, item that people take for granted while playing, yet have an unique look all their own. Helmets and dragons and fancy swords don't have to get all the glory!

Finally took a few photos of a painted one I did up.
I was wanting to experiment with doing a cold-cast bronze, but the mold is alittle too odd for it, but I might try it at some point. I also want to try getting a metallic paint I've seen used that comes with an accelerator to make rust and patina effects.

Here ya go!

talos07.jpg

talos08.jpg

I will be offering these for sale!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back