TESV: Skyrim - Amulet of Talos

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by FrogmanStudio, Jan 28, 2012.

1. FrogmanStudio

FrogmanStudio Active Member

Yet another Skyrim prop!

This time I decided to tackle doing one of the Amulets of the Divines, and really wanted one of Talos, as it has a great and simplistic design.
    Again I chose to use Castilene for this one, as I'm really starting to dig this wax for small and detailed work. I might even try my hand at a helmet using it!

The armature was very simple, which eventually led to very minor issues in sculpting, as my hand would either heat up the wax slightly, or even smudge fine details, like line work. Overall however, I was pleased with the end result. :)

For more words and text and stuff, feel free to check out the post on my blog about it, here!

Now, pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wolfdagon

Wolfdagon Well-Known Member

Looks great. I've only been playing Skyrim for a short time, but it is grat to see some of the props coming to life here.

3. FrogmanStudio

Thanks Wolf!
    I'm loving doing the 'small' things in the game, item that people take for granted while playing, yet have an unique look all their own. Helmets and dragons and fancy swords don't have to get all the glory!

4. xdmray

xdmray Well-Known Member

Nice! a 20% reduction in shout times!

5. FrogmanStudio

WARNING- Wearing the Amulet of Talos will not assist you in winning an argument with the opposite sex.

6. Contec

Contec Master Member

Only if you at the same time fall to your knee and give the girl a ring (of talos) :lol....but look out for those arrows.

7. FrogmanStudio

That's the Amulet of Mara, sheesh. Get your fictionally non-functioning accessories right, GAWD.

8. xdmray

xdmray Well-Known Member

yeah not that shouting unfortunately.

9. FrogmanStudio

Finally took a few photos of a painted one I did up.
    I was wanting to experiment with doing a cold-cast bronze, but the mold is alittle too odd for it, but I might try it at some point. I also want to try getting a metallic paint I've seen used that comes with an accelerator to make rust and patina effects.

Here ya go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be offering these for sale!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  10. metal wood

metal wood Well-Known Member

love it, thought of building an over sized one for my desk at some point (bigger because i suck at tiny detail work)