Terry Gilliam‘s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (Post-release)

What did you think of The Man Who Killed Don Quixote?

• It was good. Liked it very much.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

• It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters
You're right - I'm such a moron. How dare I not know everything?!?!
:facepalm yourself.
You're right... I deserved that.

I could have just simply shared the surprising fact that it's been almost 20 years.

For anyone who has never seen the documentary Lost in La Mancha, I highly recommend it - it's pretty crazy what transpired during that first attempt at filming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308514/

Holy cats. He's finally able to do this again? He seemed so disillusioned at the end of LOST IN LA MANCHA....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Terrys folly, This reminds me of Kubrick”s “Napoleon”.

I have been waiting for this ever since he announced it.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait

The movie has been released in all cinemas here on Spain, two or three weeks ago. So, if it doesn't have a real release on the USA, you can always import (or torrent) it.

Can't get John Lithgow's Don Quixote on US DVD and now no release of this movie. :darnkids

Doubt we will see it released on disk either.
I was genuinely looking forward to seeing this in a theater.

I'm surprised all this stress over the film for so long (especially after reading all the lackluster/forgiving reviews it has) just hasn't killed the poor guy.

The real Don Quixote movie seems to ultimately be about him making the movie. It actually works out in a way.

Truly, I was born to be an example of misfortune and a target at which the arrows of adversary are aimed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This caught my eye:
With his impassioned statements after the court hearing, it appears as though Branco will be leaving no stone unturned in his quest for justice over the film’s production.

Here, let me fix that:

With his impassioned statements after the court hearing, it appears as though Branco will be leaving no stone unturned in his quest for money from the producers and distributors.

Clearly this guy had legal rights to the material or the production and at some point was kicked to the curb. I’m not sure he’s the bad guy, unless he stupidly blocks release and distribution (thereby kill the cash cow). If you want milk, keep the cow alive.

Although, the court granted him roughly $11k from Gilliam. Seems like chump change to me.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back