Termokk P1 Bio Review

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I picked up a P1 Bio made by Corey and wanted to share a few pictures and do a quick review on it. I quite enjoyed seeing the sculpting process he went through and since I'm on a P1 Bio kick right now, I wanted to buy one and compare it to some of the other P1 Bios I have.

First, the Bio is cast is a fiberglass resin and since I've never seen anyone other than Gene use this material, I was intrigued by its translucent appearance. It reminds me of the mosquito caught in amber in Jurassic Park. Very cool to look at and when you put a light behind it - it looks wild!

Here's the Bio just sitting on the floor:
Img_9248.jpg.png

Held up to the light:
Img_9214.jpg.png

Held with light directly behind it:
Img_9209.jpg.png

Img_9222.jpg.png

At critical mass!
Img_9218.jpg.png

Img_9229.jpg.png

Img_9237.jpg.png

King Jamie P1 on the left, Termokk in the middle, and P1 Stunt on the right:
Img_9254.jpg.png

I love the shape and smooth lines on Corey's Bio - I just wish it relatively the same size as the other bios I have. Each Bio I've owed has a very distinct look to it and this is no exception. You can tell Corey put a lot of time and effort into it (as you could see in the sculpting process) and it really shows when you see it in your hands.

Corey, If you plan on sculpting another one, I'd love to see it 1:1 scale and as much as I like the look of the fiberglass resin, maybe use something that won't leave air bubbles in the cast? Anyone looking to pick one up should contact Termokk directly :) Thanks Corey!

wow the size difference is quite a bit. i know he wanted to have it fit his P1 2.0 and i knew that was supposed to be smaller as well. that means it is probably a really great head/bio for smaller guys...... anyone under 5'9".

i thought he was casting them in PU resin?

great idea use one or two as lamp shades they kinda remind me of salt rock lamps. They look awesome. Is that material more durable?

I'm rockin' Corey Bio as well.

Really cool design, and man... after looking at the size differences... dude I would have a HUGE head with the others. I have Corey's P1 mask as well.

Check 'em out. Really well priced IMO.

Nice! Cool pics too. Got a pretty good symmetrical look to it, nice bio!

great idea use one or two as lamp shades they kinda remind me of salt rock lamps. They look awesome. Is that material more durable?
I'm not sure that fiberglass resin on its own is more durable, but when used in conjunction with the fiberglass mat, it makes stuff very tough and hard to break. I could throw a fiberglass bio out the window and while it would very likely crack the surface, the matting would hold it all together, rather than shatter into a dozen pieces, like a resin bio would do in the same situation. However fiberglass is a pain to work with and not everyone likes to do it. Most people don't need that much extra strength either. All that said, I don't see any mat in this bio, just the resin?

Nice! Cool pics too. Got a pretty good symmetrical look to it, nice bio!

I'm not sure that fiberglass resin on its own is more durable, but when used in conjunction with the fiberglass mat, it makes stuff very tough and hard to break. I could throw a fiberglass bio out the window and while it would very likely crack the surface, the matting would hold it all together, rather than shatter into a dozen pieces, like a resin bio would do in the same situation. However fiberglass is a pain to work with and not everyone likes to do it. Most people don't need that much extra strength either. All that said, I don't see any mat in this bio, just the resin.

Yup ..agreed ..also the practicality of using a mold for multiple casts makes fiberglass a bad choice ...it is much harder on a silicone mold then urethane resins.

That being said, I really like this bio ..granted it is smaller then the traditional 1:1's but there is something about it that has really caught my eye. I also dig the translucent effect

Even if its not 1:1 scale. I think the way its casted is unique! Its something different and has cool effects up to the light! Also... could be a nice bio for the smaller crowd. I like it!

Hey quick comment on the thread, i am 6' 2" and i know when i hold up the origional P1 bio to my face it looks huge! Kevin peter hall was 7' 4" i think and with the suit probably around 8 foot tall. I wanted somthing that would look sleek and proportionate to my body size, and people in that general area. And ptgreek and hez, it has 3 layers of matting inside it, thats where i trap the most accidental little bubbles. 5 layers total, i wanted them to be very strong, i know a drop from the face is likley. I can cast these in pourable plastics and other mediums as well if anyone was interested, i just use the polyester resin because its readily available for me in the sticks, and i have worked with it alot before so i am quite farmiliar with it. That being said, i realy appreciate you makeing this thread PredatrHuntr, i want to make the things i send out to people as high quality as i can. I am always open to hear suggestions for how i can beter myself and my work, so thank you for your opinions! -corey

I think the size is great Cory ..I really like the fact that there are so many cool variations on such a classic form ..you've truly added another great one to the list .and wow!!! I would have never guessed there was matte inside there ..pretty darn cool

Lol thanks. I laid so much fiberglass on star trek i can do it in my sleep now. I think i may have damaged some brain cells in there too. I just realy soak the matting so it kinda dissapears into the resin.

Ahh, I see. Yep, would not have guessed there was mat in there! Definitely going to survive a drop from face height without too many issues.

Very cool! Im not a big star trek fan but i think i liked the most recent one the best. But i dont want to stear this thread off course, sorry PredatrHuntr! lol

well i think it would be a great head for us short guys. i'm 5'6" and all things pred are big on me.

+1, im 5'7 and a half (the half is important ha) and most Bios are far too big to consider, this is great, there should be more bios scaled down to fit a normal person, especially as this is a suit making forum as much as anything.

Proportion is king... (gap in the market here eh Casey, Hez et al?)

Really nice bio this, well done mate. Would love to see this one painted up.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back