Terminator fans!

PHArchivist

Master Member
Check this out...

A fun little project -- this damn thing started life as a novelty vinyl drink topper from Universal Studios!

I cast the mother in resin, painted it up, and voila!

Tell me whatcha think!

Last edited:
That's a great addition to an already impressive collection. Well done bud. I'll tell you what would have been a great thing to add if you ever did another, but hollow? I would add a small led for the eye with maybe a little switch underneath. Very cool.

I'd love one of these, I'll have to keep my eyes open in the junkyard....

Very cool looking... and definitely a bit more bloody than in the movie, but I like it. How did you do the metal parts? They look like real chrome...

Nice, nice, nice. :thumbsup :lol

;) Great job mate. Nice effort. Something fun to complete on a rainy day huh?

That idea with the LED...now that's a winner:)

Hey guys -- thanks.

Its cast with a tube up the middle so I can tap in and add an LED -- I just HATE doing even simple electronics. So I did my show-off now; will add the light later. The Termo eye IS painted bright red -- just doesn't show well in the pics.

The endo skull is an old trick -- self adhesive chrome mylar. Works perfectly on the upper cranium as that is a simple curve. But on the cheek and eye area, it is multiple compound curves, and the mylar doesn't conform as well. So you have to cheat it up by adding more "carbon-scoring" and blood...

Paul, I'll PM you...

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ May 21 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1248136[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ May 21 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]1247997[/snapback]
The endo skull is an old trick -- self adhesive chrome mylar.
[/b]
Hmm... is that similar to bare metal foil?

Bare Metal Foil Company Homepage
[/b][/quote]

Shinier than the Bare Metal Foil 98% - 99% as shiny as actual chrome... But again, only truly works on simple curves...

Not for nothing guys, but this thread is over 4 months old. I'm sure the pics were nuked a while back for server space.

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>(Gigatron @ Oct 1 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]1330096[/snapback]</div>
Not for nothing guys, but this thread is over 4 months old. I'm sure the pics were nuked a while back for server space.

-Fred
[/b]

Fred's right on the money. I was surprised to see this thread surface again. I thought "Cool." (until I realized it was mine).

I'll try to dig one up...

Bust001.jpg

Bust002.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back