T1 and T2 Endoskeleton Research Thread

Sharing experiences or thoughts on how to improve the process is not arrogance, I appreciate it. And you're right, the paint application should be so minimal as not to damage the details, and the paint droplets should be very small. I will try not to paint the model entirely, but will apply the paint as dust, allowing the plastic to show through this layer of paint. This way, I will introduce minimal distortion to the size of the part and avoid spoiling the details. Another issue is that I don't have such a long-focus lens. I have a 300mm lens, but the minimum focusing distance is large. I also have macro rings and a teleconverter. I also have a 500mm mirror lens, but unfortunately, it's not suitable for this purpose, as its minimum focusing distance is approximately 4 meters. In general, I will experiment.
I remember once comparing photogrammetry taken with a telephoto lens and a standard lens, and contrary to my expectations, there was not much difference between the two.

I remember once comparing photogrammetry taken with a telephoto lens and a standard lens, and contrary to my expectations, there was not much difference between the two.
I have a problem in that all my lenses won't allow me to take photos of small details in such a way that they occupy at least half of the frame because bringing the camera too close to the details doesn't allow for the minimum focusing distance. And some details are only 6-7mm in length, occupying only a very small part of the frame.

I have a problem in that all my lenses won't allow me to take photos of small details in such a way that they occupy at least half of the frame because bringing the camera too close to the details doesn't allow for the minimum focusing distance. And some details are only 6-7mm in length, occupying only a very small part of the frame.
Moreover, I was surprised to learn later that photogrammetry can be performed even if the zoom ratio is changed during the process.
I had assumed that it could only be done at the same zoom ratio.

It's pleasing that there are almost no rounded edges on all these parts, which complicates measurements and modeling.
I tried to replicate this detail with silicone, but the platinum silicone was inhibited and did not cure around the edges of the detail where there was sculpting clay (plasticine). Moreover, when I poured the same silicone into a mold made from the same plasticine without degassing, everything was fine, but as soon as I degassed the silicone with the clay simultaneously, the silicone did not cure. I will try again. In the meantime, I made two details that aren't worth scanning; they have a simple shape, and measuring them with a micrometer and caliper was not difficult.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-19 063702.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 063702.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-03-19 063733.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 063733.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-03-19 063804.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 063804.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-03-19 063819.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 063819.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 7
Moreover, I was surprised to learn later that photogrammetry can be performed even if the zoom ratio is changed during the process.
I had assumed that it could only be done at the same zoom ratio.
Exactly, I noticed that too in 2017 when I started learning Agisoft Photoscan and began doing photogrammetry from screenshots from T1.

Cool.

I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried any of the newer Revopoint high resolution scanners such as the Miraco or Mini 2 on anything 1:1 endoskeleton related?
The best option is most likely a stationary DIY scanner with a projector, two cameras, and lenses on a tripod.

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-17_23-42-44.jpg
    photo_2024-03-17_23-42-44.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo_2024-03-17_13-17-15 (2).jpg
    photo_2024-03-17_13-17-15 (2).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo_2024-03-17_13-17-15.jpg
    photo_2024-03-17_13-17-15.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back