T1 and T2 Endoskeleton Research Thread

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Bought a LFS endoskeleton. In the process of having it shipped to me. This is probably gonna be a long-running WIP as I work slow, but I have prepared my work room for this beast of a kit. Undecided whether I'm going to get it professionally chromed or if I can even afford it, or whether I'm just going to go with the Alclad option and then weather the crap out of it. As I work I may need to procure additional parts as the original endoskeleton LFS molded wasn't complete - they had to sculpt the rectangular shape with the upside down L's on top of the battery cover, so I will try to see if I can find a casting off a real one - and I may want to replace the LFS teeth, to get things back to how they looked on the original SWS castings.

This is the kit I'm getting! Photos courtesy of Nicksdad. The top skull part isn't from LFS, but he sadly cannot remember where he got it from.

Gonna be so exciting.

endokit1.jpg
endokit5.jpg
endoskull1.jpg
endoskull2.jpg

EDIT with 3D model link:

3D Models:

Pictures and Video links removed as I needed the space.

This is my other thread where I try to find the truth of my foam skull. I found a lot of things, but never really why it was made and what they were used for.

Other RPF threads with information that is worth checking out:

Last edited:
Sadly, they did these a long time ago and I was lucky to get this one, as they are getting really rare to find. The ones you see on eBay and Etsy are poorly made recasts.

You could 3D print your own with pretty good results.

Oh WOW, that's looking cool. What is that skull with the teeth as part of the casting? And is your back piece the undamaged version?
That skull is a resin M1 cast. My backpiece has the damage repaired. I got my cast from Jamie "Jaz Creations" over here in Australia. He never really made kits but I managed to score one from him. He restored a Tait kit for his metal endo.

I was lucky enough to get mine vacuum metalized for free by my sons stepfather. Yes fathers and stepfathers can be great friends and get along. Lol.

Ben

Cool pieces. And yeah... I'm still undecided whether I should fix the damage on the back, but then I remember I use to go for as screen/original prop accurate as possible, so I may leave it be and go crazy with the weathering in that part to indicate shrapnel from an explosion or direct plasma fire.

And yeah. It's always great when people can get along. :)

Cool pieces. And yeah... I'm still undecided whether I should fix the damage on the back, but then I remember I use to go for as screen/original prop accurate as possible, so I may leave it be and go crazy with the weathering in that part to indicate shrapnel from an explosion or direct plasma fire.

And yeah. It's always great when people can get along. :)
I think you should leave the damage as it's original. Mine will be beat to hell, as to me the screen used endo's all were.

I really look forward to what you do as I've always admired your work. I've always wanted a LFS kit but seeing as Jamie was here in Australia and it's the next best thing I jumped on it. I don't regret it either. It's a super nice kit and Jamie has done a great job. Not to mention he's a great bloke who is very willing to help.

Ben

Yeah, I think you are right. I collected previously for that very reason - to get something as close to screen used as possible - and the more surface details retained the better.

Though I never did like the LFS teeth. I thought they had trimmed too much away between each tooth, so I really want to try to bring it back to how the original SWS castings were, but perhaps trimmed between the teeth the same way the gift skulls were. Those do look amazing.

I'm going to try to get this metal finish look for my kit. They are not shiny mirror chrome but looks more like polished steel. I hope this effect can be achieved with Alclad metallic paints.

Endoskeleton - IconsofSciFi - EMPmuseum - 002.jpg
Endoskeleton - IconsofSciFi - EMPmuseum - 003.jpg
Endoskeleton - IconsofSciFi - EMPmuseum - 004.jpg

Bummer. Just learned that the Danish retailers of Alclad 2 products has seized import due to new chemical restraint rules. So now I can't use the paint and primer I wanted for the endoskeleton. None of the other chromes I've seen looks right. Either too "plasticky", "looking too painted on" or too "mirror like in finish, so not looking like chrome".

CRAP.

EDIT: Anyone know if the AMMO MIG paints from Spain are identical to Alclad paints? It states it is licensed by Alclad... but does it measure up?

Last edited:
Bummer. Just learned that the Danish retailers of Alclad 2 products has seized import due to new chemical restraint rules. So now I can't use the paint and primer I wanted for the endoskeleton. None of the other chromes I've seen looks right. Either too "plasticky", "looking too painted on" or too "mirror like in finish, so not looking like chrome".

CRAP.

EDIT: Anyone know if the AMMO MIG paints from Spain are identical to Alclad paints? It states it is licensed by Alclad... but does it measure up?

Savage did a video on re-finishing a Mando helmet.

He clear coated what I think was the factory finish, and it came out looking 95% - 98% like genuine chrome...

Might be a lead-in there for you.

Yeah, saw that. Probably won't work in this case, since mine is a kit and the Mando helmet was clearly done with some form of plastic chrome coating just dulled down.

Received the full kit. Now I need to start cleaning up the parts as well as figure out how to put everything together so it is strong and sturdy, yet not adding too much weight.

I ordered some MIG Ammo Alclad 2 paints to test out. Has anyone tried those or know if they truly are exact to Alclad 2 metallic colors?

Anyone know what the original source for these two encircled parts are, as I would like to buy originals, as I may want to replace the ones on my kit.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance.

T2-Endoskeleton-Chest-01-Screen-Used-01.jpg

The lower left chest greebles are from the Hasegawa 1/8 Le Rhone model kit. Not sure about the small, upper greeble, it looks like a zerk fitting.
Some images from the old Endo Builders group (apologies to the original author, I don't remember whose pictures these are):
BillMorris.png

22.png

IMG_9303.jpg

box1-8scaleHasegawaLeRhone.JPG

Been checking the web after you sent me that info. These kits are apparently really rare and fairly expensive now. Wish there was a 3D scanned version of those parts.

It may have been ONEYE who presented the information. I honestly don't remember, though.

Last edited:
Yeah, saw that. Probably won't work in this case, since mine is a kit and the Mando helmet was clearly done with some form of plastic chrome coating just dulled down.

Received the full kit. Now I need to start cleaning up the parts as well as figure out how to put everything together so it is strong and sturdy, yet not adding too much weight.

I ordered some MIG Ammo Alclad 2 paints to test out. Has anyone tried those or know if they truly are exact to Alclad 2 metallic colors?
You really ought to get it 3D scanned. Sort of like this: Limited Run - 3D Scans of 150+ Star Wars Confirmed Donors

Why not just buy the alclad online from across the pond?

Been checking the web after you sent me that info. These kits are apparently really rare and fairly expensive now. Wish there was a 3D scanned version of those parts.

It may have been ONEYE who presented the information. I honestly don't remember, though.
The Hasegawa 1/8 Le Rhone model kit-part is also part of the M1 skull, I could 3d model it and you could get that 3D printed.

I can't just scan it without permission. And I don't have the money to either buy a scanner or have it scanned somewhere.

If it is illegal to import into Denmark it will be seized and destroyed.

They are round. And like in the pieces you showed this one also definitely has second ring at the bottom - I assume it's a washer between the part and the chest on the endoskeleton part. Like the other added pieces, the original sourced piece may not be metal, but could be plastic from a model kit as well.

T1 - Endoskeleton - Prop - Chest Plate - 01 - Screen Used - 02.png

PropStore-2016-09-27-Entertainment-Memorabilia-Live-Auction-Lot-503-T2-Endoskeleton-Chest-006.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back