Terminator: Dark Fate

Honestly, the liquid metal is a means to an end for the action sequences these days.

It let's the good guys absolutely wail on the Terminator as much as they want, and we get the satisfaction of watching big holes get blown in the thing, and it's face torn of, and all that, but they don't have to write in another reason why the Terminator can keep hunting, hidden in the populace, with it's face torn off, because all cosmetic damage is repaired.

If they're gonna expand on that concept by having it split into two slightly less capable terminators because of that, that's fine with me.

They should have called this.... Geriatric Conner Strikes Back....

It's Connor. And yeah dude, people age. Even Linda Hamilton.

220px-Sarah_Connor_%28Linda_Hamilton%29.jpg

I saw the trailer and it felt empty. It gave me no idea on what the story will be about. I still have no idea what it's about even after reading this thread. All I know that it's a Terminator film written by Cameron and starring Swartzenneger and Hamilton. That's it. I know nothing beyond that and the trailer failed to fill me in. That to me is a possibly poor film.

The aging part doesn't bother me at all. Actors age and that doesn't diminish their talent as far as I'm concerned. What bothers me is Hollywood trying to make more stories using existing properties rather than try something new. Sure you might already have a built in audience but eventually the films just tank because the stories suck and there is nothing interesting left to say about them.

Last edited:
From a creative standpoint how are any of these sequels adding anything significant to the story? The answer is they aren't. Often they actually diminish what made the originals special by dragging the story on too long and forcing the characters to do stupid things. For actors it's got to be tough because they are attached to these characters emotionally so of course they want to return to the role. Sometimes it's better to just leave the past in the past and enjoy it for what it was.

It’s money that and they know people will go see the crap so the cycle keeps repeating it self.

I no longer support any of this foolishness, at least the major franchises like, this one and Trek and Wars don’t get a penny from me

Even though I'm not seeing anything great in the trailer, I'll likely see it anyway. The only I actually disliked was Terminator:Salvation. While the other two beyond T2 did little for the story, they were entertaining.

The aging part doesn't bother me at all. Actors age and that doesn't diminish their talent as far as I'm concerned. What bothers me is Hollywood trying to make more stories using existing properties rather than try something new. Sure you might already have a built in audience but eventually the films just tank because the stories suck and there is nothing interesting left to say about them.

Exactly. Like all the Sharknado follow-up movies. Kinda just jumping the, er, shark over and over.

Exactly. Like all the Sharknado follow-up movies. Kinda just jumping the, er, shark over and over.

The first one wasn't that good. It was just stupid enough to be funny. Then they just made the same movie over and over again and people were dumb enough to keep watching. I gave up after the second one.

Lots of talk of a test screening going around. If it rings true then it's probably worse than the last 3 put together. I REALLY hope I'm wrong but I think Jim, like many in their old age have just lost it. I love the guy for what he's brought us and I always will, but I mean doesn't he want like another 5 Avatars. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ben

The trailer was just awful. I saw it in the theater last night in front of Godzilla. There were kids in the theater that would go nuts at all the other trailers and yell out that they wanted to go see “that one” but everyone remained silent when Dark Fate played. So underwhelmed. Shame.

The trailer was, way better than the spoiler-filled trailer for Genisux. But it was still not good, pretty awful. The music was horrible.

Passably good ?

TSCC is a fairly good show. The writing could have been way better. Summer Glau as a Terminator, phenomenal(!)
It's Worth seeing it for her alone.

Lots of talk of a test screening going around. If it rings true then it's probably worse than the last 3 put together. I REALLY hope I'm wrong but I think Jim, like many in their old age have just lost it. I love the guy for what he's brought us and I always will, but I mean doesn't he want like another 5 Avatars. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ben

No, just 4
:lol:
But 5 in total. After that I'm sure Disney willl make a cartoon after that as well. Then a remake. Or two.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back