Terminator: Dark Fate

IIRC that laser sight Arnold used in the first movie didn't really exist at the time. They mounted a laser on the gun but he had to have a cable running down his sleeve to a box on the floor to make it work.

Yeah, that's one of those things where it's not so much "1 was better than 2" or vice versa. They're different genre films, same as ALIEN vs ALIENS. In both cases, the first films were suspense/horror films. And in both cases, the sequels were thriller/action films.

Yeah, that's one of those things where it's not so much "1 was better than 2" or vice versa. They're different genre films, same as ALIEN vs ALIENS. In both cases, the first films were suspense/horror films. And in both cases, the sequels were thriller/action films.
And in both cases the story beats are the same.

It should have been “No Fate”

I expect the story to be that John has died and Sarah is now trying to survive to fill his role within the human resistance and stop Judgement Day.

After fighting a hord of superior tech cyborgenic lifeforms, a pathetic old man wakes up one morning to the stark reality that his being a Model T800 was just a dream he had induced by an extra large pepperoni pizza and binge watching Battlestar Galactica the night before. In reality, he’s a 65 year old construction worker who can’t retire because he never set up a 401K!

Roll credits!

Anyone enjoy the trailer? I was pumped when Jim and Linda were back and it was sweet seeing her reprise the role again. But that's about it. The whole trailer was just meh. No classic music to tug on your heartstrings, same morphing terminators that have been soooo overdone now and make you cring like f$&k. When are they going to learn substance over spectacle. Sure T2 was huge on the spectacle but it still had oozes of substance. Hopefully I'm wrong and this isn't just more trash.

Ben

There are only two Terminator films in my opinion. Terminator and Judgement Day. I saw Salvation and thought it was ok. Some interesting ideas but it was only so so. Other than that I don't see the point of making more of these.

The trailer for this new one looks awful. Like painfully awful. Blocking a piece of flying rebar with your forearm? What cartoon am I watching now? Will she peel her face back to reveal it's Bugs Bunny? Why do they keep making more and more of a good thing? Just let some things stay special!

The reason people stream things anymore is because a lot of the more interesting content is coming out of Netflix and all these digital sources because they are willing to try and create something NEW!

Last edited:
There are only two Terminator films in my opinion. Terminator and Judgement Day. I saw Salvation and thought it was ok. Some interesting ideas but it was only so so. Other than that I don't see the point of making more of these.

Same here. I watched the trailer with my wife and she was completely unimpressed. The franchise ended with Judgement Day. All of the rest has been garbage.

I've actually thought for years....they really can't come up with a better idea than liquid metal???
Sure, it is a really cool and scary idea, but T2 did it so perfectly well, that rehashing the idea has just gotten old.
What would be a cool and scary idea other than liquid metal anyways? Maybe nothing, which is why these other movies have failed.
I actually enjoyed 3 for what it was, but more from the alternate timeline idea, not a true 3 to 2.

a box on the floor to make it work.
Old quote I know, but the guys at SureFire were actually able to hook the laser up to a battery hidden in a pocket in Arnold’s M65.
Anyways, I’m not quite impressed with this new trailer, but upon doing some reasearch, I have much more hope for his film than any of the others this century. You’ve got Tim Miller directing, Cameron as a writer and producer, David Ellison also producing, and you’ve got Arnold and Linda, as well as Mackenzie Davis. While I’m not expecting a masterpiece quite yet, I’m hoping it somehow ends up being another Blade Runner 2049 (minus the box office fail).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back