Terminator: Dark Fate

Well if he's writing it maybe it won't be a total disaster. On a side note I tried playing the Salvation ps3 game today and it's actually better than the movie as it was released.

Yeah, give Terminator another soft reboot.

The last 3 full-effort soft reboots in a row didn't work. I'm sure the next one will.

Honestly I think the last one could have actually been good if they hadn't half assed it. They had a really neat idea in having things change back in the 80s it just went off the rails so badly like all the other sequels. Oddly enough each of the sequels and reboot have interesting bits and pieces to them but they never manage to be totally good. The sad thing is my favorite part about T3 was the fact that there was no way to stop it from happening, every thing they did in all the movies was simply putting it off a bit.
It reminds me of a theory that nature hates a vaccum so if you were to stop Hitler from becoming anything more than a landscape painter the universe would replace him with someone who actually may be worse.
I'm not keen on destiny or predetermination but we do know that nature seems to like things tidy and clean so messing with timelines could cause issues like this. The terminator 2 novels and comic books did it a lot too, and in cases way better than the movies, including a T2 one where everyone actively realized that something changed in their past and their memories were changing enough to be noticed in the future.
And I have more faith in this one because the creator of the franchise is actually going to be writing it. That said i hope it's better than some of his last films.

Yay, Cameron is back :D Well it can't be worse than the previous instalm.... hmm, nevermind, I did that about both Salvation and Genitals, and I was totally wrong about those.

This or just leaving it the F alone would also have been fine.

Lets hope. I didn't even see the last one, as I heard it was pretty bad. I want to see if one day just to see.

Banging your head against the wall for two hours is more productive than seeing it.

If they aren't going to let it die, they need to go back to the basics. No more "protector" terminator. No more Arnold (sorry, he has become a spoof of himself). And go back to the horror aspect of it.

I love Arnold, but I agree. I think they can always say that the timeline has changed after Genisys. Skynet figured out what was going on so they start using other Terminators with different looks. The scariest one might be a little kid...

It reminds me of a theory that nature hates a vaccum so if you were to stop Hitler from becoming anything more than a landscape painter the universe would replace him with someone who actually may be worse.

I see your point: they replaced Cameron with other folks, and it really was worse...

Cameron being involved probably means Arnold is involved.

There are so many strikes against this project before it even starts.

Just ignore everything after T2... heck, even ignore T2 and just do the future war exactly as Reese tells it in T1. Which basically means - NO terminators until the very end of the war. The main robotic force are the hunter killers, not the infiltrators. The main questions with such a film is what is Skynet's end-game and why does it have survivors loading bodies - seems pretty specific to just be some random thing.

Just because:
term6.jpg

I am tired of the "alternate timeline" stuff as well. Star Trek, X-Men, Terminator...it's getting old.

Maybe not so much "getting old" but more, "c'mon can't you think of something better?"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back