Terminator 2 Vinyl kits by Horizon

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I built these long ago but never got around to painting them...untill now.

T800F.jpg

T800Face.jpg

T1000F.jpg

T1000Face.jpg

Horizon kits are a joy to build as their sculpting and detail is fantastic. It's nice to assemble a kit without having to REBUILD some crap detail.

Ditto, everythings looks great. I think the Ahnold sculpt is weak, but you might also try toning down the icy blue eye you gave him. It kind of looks like he's wearing Selenes blue contact lenses from Underworld because the eyes are so blue. It works ok for the T-1000, but I think his look less blue than that on film as well.
Incredible attention to detail, these would look awesome in a display case.

Originally posted by animetronic@Feb 17 2006, 03:48 PM
Ditto, everythings looks great.  I think the Ahnold sculpt is weak, but you might also try toning down the icy blue eye you gave him.  It kind of looks like he's wearing Selenes blue contact lenses from Underworld because the eyes are so blue.  It works ok for the T-1000, but I think his look less blue than that on film as well. 
Incredible attention to detail, these would look awesome in a display case.
[snapback]1187259[/snapback]​

Thanks for the kind words....I feel kind of guilty taking any credit for these. The sculpt and detail is so good (resemblances aside) that my painting is almost like paint-by-number.

You're probably right on Arnold's eye color. I had a hell of a time finding reference to it and I don't have a TV in my work area.

Blast from the past.

I have this model also, and the one thing that never sat right with me about was the condition of the T-800. When it was in this state of damage in the film, the left arm was severed so I decided to go for that look. This post reminded me that I never finshed it..

Here is where it sits still today (I have had this since the model actually came out - I can't even remember how long ago that was)

endoarm.jpg

Originally posted by Javamonkey@Feb 17 2006, 04:19 PM
Blast from the past.

I have this model also, and the one thing that never sat right with me about was the condition of the T-800. When it was in this state of damage in the film, the left arm was severed so I decided to go for that look. This post reminded me that I never finshed it..

You're right. I didn't even think about that. Now it's going to drive me nuts....

I believe Schwarzenegger's eyes are green. I just can't find the high-res Terminator 3 picture I found a few years back to support it. I'm sure there are other pictures out there that show his eye color... I just remembered that particular picture.

I have those kits too - have painted them, stripped them, semi-painted them, stripped them and am now in the process of painting them again. I always found their legs to be disproportionally long compared to the rest of the body and especially compared to the actors' physiques.

Have been looking for a long time for the Tsukuda 1/6 versions, but either they are only shipped to USA or they are too expencive... Their likenesses are way better, imo, and Arnold is less battle-damaged. I WILL get them eventually, but would rather have had them yesterday than tomorrow, if you know what I mean. .)

Good job on the paint-job. Very nice and life-like.

A suggestion: when mixing the skin colors, if you use water-based paint, then try to add some grainy gold color to the mix. That will give it a more naturalistic sheen. You can also highlight hair with gold and then apply a thin wash with the hair color you want... that will make the hair look more vibrant instead of just painted and lifeless hair. Have tried it with water-based humbrol paints and it works beautifully. Don't know if it gives the same result with other paint-types.

Originally posted by NoHumorMan@Feb 18 2006, 03:25 AM
A suggestion: when mixing the skin colors, if you use water-based paint, then try to add some grainy gold color to the mix.  That will give it a more naturalistic sheen.  You can also highlight hair with gold and then apply a thin wash with the hair color you want... that will make the hair look more vibrant instead of just painted and lifeless hair. Have tried it with water-based humbrol paints and it works beautifully.  Don't know if it gives the same result with other paint-types.
[snapback]1187643[/snapback]​

Thanks for the tip. I look forawrd to trying it..

When I did this model (years ago.). I also thought the left arm should be mangled by the time he reached this state, so here he is:

[attachmentid=6696]

I sometimes think I should get an M79 Blooper (w/broken stock) and have that in his Right hand.

SAS

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Feb 19 2006, 01:37 PM
When I did this model (years ago.). I also thought the left arm should be mangled by the time he reached this state, so here he is:
I sometimes think I should get an M79 Blooper (w/broken stock) and have that in his Right hand.
[snapback]1188194[/snapback]​
Very nice kit you got there. I agree about the arm being mangled... that would be accurate... just haven't had the inclination to do it myself before, but maybe I will now. I think I will also try to shorten his legs just a tiny bit. I'm not gonna add any weapons to the figure, but I will try to make the ammo belt which he has around his shoulder and across his chest.

And for the T-1000 I would add all the police items to his belt: gun & holster, keys, Handcuff-pouch, etc. Then I will cut off his legs and probably try to make new ones that match the top part of the uniform, since the figure is mixed uniform as it is. I don't like the long boots look - I prefer the regular cop look with pants and shoes which he wore in the beginning. Crossing fingers... hope it'll work out great. .)

But good luck on getting accurate sized weapons for these figures. If you find a place that sells weapon miniature replicas in that size, please let me know.

Thanks

Can't remember if he still had the bandolier at that point.

Think the T1000 has boots 'cos he was last in the guise of a motorcycle cop.

SAS

Originally posted by Sidewinder+Feb 19 2006, 03:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sidewinder @ Feb 19 2006, 03:23 PM)</div>
Thanks
[snapback]1188220[/snapback]​
[/b]
Welcome.

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Feb 19 2006, 03:23 PM
Can't remember if he still had the bandolier at that point.
He did. All the way down into the molten metal.

<!--QuoteBegin-Sidewinder
@Feb 19 2006, 03:23 PM
Think the T1000 has boots 'cos he was last in the guise of a motorcycle cop.
Yes, but then he should have had a different shirt on and a jacket and helmet and sunglasses. I will turn him into a regular cop simply by changing his legs and boots. .)

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Feb 20 2006, 04:29 PM
You need to find a real regular cop and press the figure against him and it should change automatically.  :)

SAS
[snapback]1188867[/snapback]​
Don't have access to LAPD cops here in Denmark... .)

I have also been thinking about customizing his arms so that he has them crossed across his chest and then change his pointy finger with a more accurate sized and shaped spike finger instead of the ice-cream-coned finger it has on there atm... but I guess that would require a lot of work trimming his arms.

Another pose could be with him having the left hand at the hilt of his gun still in the holster, ready to draw and then rescult his pointy finger into a normal finger and then redo his legs into a more of a "action" pose.

The possibilities are endless... I could even have him chromed from top to bottom and have him stand there looking cool. .)

And I will definitely have to have Arnold's eye light up in bright red... as well as completely fix the Endoskeleton.

And I will definitely have to have Arnold's eye light up in bright red... as well as completely fix the Endoskeleton.

I totally forgot that I did this.

The battery has long since died, and I stupidly glued everything up inside it. D'oh.

Originally posted by Javamonkey@Feb 21 2006, 10:53 PM
I totally forgot that I did this.
The battery has long since died, and I stupidly glued everything up inside it. D'oh.
[snapback]1189848[/snapback]​
LOL, I'm sorry... that's a really sad story... :cry
:angel

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back