Terminator 2 Stage 5 Damage Life Size

postmanpat

Sr Member
Hi all,

I've been a long term member here but I have never got around to posting any of my work. I'll slowly start sharing them here when I get some more time. I have just recently finished making a life size T2 Stage 5 T-800. It was all built from scratch including the M79.

Thanks heaps for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 623
  • IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 625
  • IMG_3391.JPG
    IMG_3391.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 435
  • IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_3379.JPG
    IMG_3379.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_3398.JPG
    IMG_3398.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 408
  • IMG_3402.JPG
    IMG_3402.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_3430.JPG
    IMG_3430.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 581
  • IMG_3433.JPG
    IMG_3433.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 596
I've been trying to get this guy to post some of his efforts for ages. Lol well done postman!!

It looks outstanding. Up there with the best.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I followed Postmans advice and mines recessed deep in the mannequin leg. I also removed quite a bit of the sides and top. It's screwed into pine that is also attached to the inside of the leg. Dblank's cast is great but a little big to fit unaltered.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Exactly like Taz mentioned above. I just cut a significant amount of the mannequins knee area out so that the endo knee piece can sit in there flush. I reinforce the mannequin leg internally using a structural pine beam and screws and then attach the knee. I trimmed away a bit of the sides of the knee cast and used a heat gun to curve the sides so that it is not as wide. Hope this helps. The deeper you can get that knee in there the better it will look as you really need depth with the endo parts.

I'm with you both in spirit and in action...!

I've trimmed the original knee cast considerably. I have an internal structure supporting the legs as well, and have been planning on opening the leg to insert the knee case. The back of the knee joint has to points that jut out far too much to simply lay the cast on top. Plus, as you guys have alluded to, the proper look is to integrate the cast into the leg.

Problem I have is the internal support (ABS plastic piping) is affixed on the front side of the leg, and may have to be cut as well (along with the outer shell of the leg itself), and possibly re-positioned. Or in other words, just cutting the leg itself, the pipe would still block the knee joint from settling in properly.

I've never used PVC pipe before but I did need to trim the timber in a couple of spots to make the knee sit nicely. Problem with PVC pipe is that if you take a decent chunk out of it it will lose a lot of its strength compared to timber. Timber might be easier to work with from that point of view.

I've never used PVC pipe before but I did need to trim the timber in a couple of spots to make the knee sit nicely. Problem with PVC pipe is that if you take a decent chunk out of it it will lose a lot of its strength compared to timber. Timber might be easier to work with from that point of view.

Correct about the PVC (actually it is ABS (the black plumbing pipe) which is a bit stronger, but same thing applies). I had to cut the mannequin leg around the pipe. Ended up with a combo of recessing the parts, plus laying them over the top. And I did separate the endo knee into two parts.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back