Terminator 2 Life-sized Bust

brandonstudio

I'm beginning to create my own bust using photos as reference. I based the size on my own head and tried to calculate his facial landmarks from photos. This is still work in progress. I have not been faithful to the original, to the disgust of many fans :). I decided to try and sculpt Arnies whole head with Monsterclay, before carving away the face for the mechanical pieces. This was my first portrait sculpt I've ever done. I decided to take on how to sculpt during lockdown last year, to learn anatomy to support my painting, but fell in love with it and haven't painted since :D. I molded and cast him using plaster and painted to look like a bronze statue. The base has not been finished. Some of the mechanical pieces are made from scrap parts I found around the house. and painted gray so I could see it better in context, especially when I look at it via a black and white pic. I will post my progression for anyone interested.

20211027_150230.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1630904083823_6840507522395936037.jpeg
20210928_201519.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.