Terminator 2 "Idyllic" Costume

CT1138

Sr Member
The Terminator 2 "Uncle Bob" costume was one of my favorite costumes in cinema history. The movie, too, is a huge point of nostalgia for me. When I was a kid, I used to watch the movie a ton with my Dad. Ever since, I've wanted to put together a fully idyllic version of the costume, of the badass Arnold Terminator idolized by John Connor, the one who beat up bikers in their own bars, and broke Sarah Connor out of the psychiatric hospital, basically the Terminator as I remember him.

So the question is... what does the 'idyllic" Terminator costume look like? Black t-shirt? Dark gray t-shirt? Bullet riddled jacket? Whole jacket? No jacket? Gloves? No gloves? Ripped gloves? Ripped up jacket? Prosthetic pieces? Glasses? No glasses (he loses them so quickly!) What about weaponry? Bandolier? Pistol? Shotgun? Rotary gun? The whole costume changes so much throughout the movie. I've come down to choosing the version of the costume that he wears the most throughout the movie. The "uncle bob" version with a few tweaks, where we see no gloves, no bandolier, no prosthetics, just the basics but sans the bullets holes in the jacket (I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good jacket).

So far, I've put together the basics. I have a dark gray shirt to start. It looks either flat black or charcoal gray, but regardless it looks gray in the arm cutting scene, so that's what I went with. A pair black pants. I decided to go with regular denim instead of leather. And a black leather belt. I'm debating on whether I should add the glasses. They were such an iconic part of the costume, but we see so little of them.
puD22AQ.jpg

I have a pair of vintage Harley Davidson boots on order, should be here in a week. It was very important to me to get the boots right. The sound design for the movie is one of my favorites, and I've always loved the sound of Arnie stomping around LA in those boots. The jacket I'm probably going to ask as a Christmas present. I plan to have the whole thing completed by 2018.

I think at least a pistol tucked in the front of the trousers would be enough as for the jacket would latex mixed black paint be enough to make removable bullet holes

When it comes to the leather bike jacket go for a second hand one and the best thing for the bullet holes in the jacket is a Dremel power tool or similar type with a cone shape grinding bit and bleach and sand paper are a great way to distress it even more

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back