Terminator 2 full size statue. Need help

t1000

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to find a local guy selling this Arnie head (rare in Australia). I want to build a Terminator 2 statue to go alongside my other T2 props. The painting of these resin busts here on RPF is amazing!! Acrylic flesh paints, glass eyes, wigs, etc...amazing!!

Is anybody able to tell me what wig and eyes and paints to use. I looked on ebay for 'acrylic paints' and there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of different types and colours around the world. A bit of a helping hand would be great appreciated.

I want to build either a standing Terminator, holding a mini gun, with an M79 grenade launcher and bandolier over his shoulder (Cyberdyne assault scene)....or a sitting on my Fatboy motorcycle, holding the shotgun pointing upwards (basically the T2 poster pose). My statue will be getting a base stand, fitted with a fake smoke machine and sound system to play audio sounds effects/T2 music.

I can build miniguns, shotguns, grenade launchers, etc..BUT the 'seated' statue looks like it will be VERY hard to do though! How do I even build a 'seated' mannequin?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 273
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 243
Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to find a local guy selling this Arnie head (rare in Australia). I want to build a Terminator 2 statue to go alongside my other T2 props. The painting of these resin busts here on RPF is amazing!! Acrylic flesh paints, glass eyes, wigs, etc...amazing!!

Is anybody able to tell me what wig and eyes and paints to use. I looked on ebay for 'acrylic paints' and there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of different types and colours around the world. A bit of a helping hand would be great appreciated.

I want to build either a standing Terminator, holding a mini gun, with an M79 grenade launcher and bandolier over his shoulder (Cyberdyne assault scene)....or a sitting on my Fatboy motorcycle, holding the shotgun pointing upwards (basically the T2 poster pose). My statue will be getting a base stand, fitted with a fake smoke machine and sound system to play audio sounds effects/T2 music.

I can build miniguns, shotguns, grenade launchers, etc..BUT the 'seated' statue looks like it will be VERY hard to do though! How do I even build a 'seated' mannequin?

You need to hit up Steve aka Street Judge. He paints them and knows the wigs. And his work is awesome. The eyes I believe everyone gets from tech optics. Ask for the color match Arnold ones, they have them on file

Awesome to see you doing a lifesize build mate. There are a few threads for lifesizes so use the "search" function. But to get you started the absolute "best" skintone tutorial I have seen has been posted by our own howlingwind http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=156669&highlight=ash+bust He also does some great terminator bust builds as well.

There also this threaf that might be of some help:)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263982&highlight=streetjudge

I've finished my lifesize Arnold so if I can be of any help just PM me. I'm in OZ.

Regards
T
A
Z

Warren....wow. An Arnie AND a T1000 statue. Love it! I already have 2 questions. ... May I ask where you can get Robert Patrick (T1000) heads from? Also, what size jacket have you used on Arnie? I recognize your jacket as the replica T2 ones from ebay. They look like they are VERY close

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Taz. I'm brewing some questions out of all these posts

Warren....wow. An Arnie AND a T1000 statue. Love it! I already have 2 questions. ... May I ask where you can get Robert Patrick (T1000) heads from? Also, what size jacket have you used on Arnie? I recognize your jacket as the replica T2 ones from ebay. They look like they are VERY close

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Taz. I'm brewing some questions out of all these posts

Thank you, yeah T2 is one of my favorites of all time! The Robert Patrick sculpt is from Howard Senft, unfortunately the molds are no more. The T2 jacket you can get anywhere, mine was from FilmJackets if I remember correctly. And I went with a Large which is too small for Arnold. But reading the behind the scenes, Arnold said the screen used jacket he actually wasn't able to zip up. A large works good, it hugs the shoulders nicely

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back