Tenth doctor brown suit - trying to get the Baron Boutique colors right

Jaylyles06

I bought the Baron Boutique brown suit last Halloween, but like everyone else I was a little dissatisfied with the color. The brown was too dark and the pinstripes were too bright. I recently decided to try to fade the colors a bit. I threw it in the washing machine today, set it on hot, and then let it dry in the sun for a couple hours. I plan on doing it a couple more times, but after just one day I'm seeing some results!
The bottom is the inside of the coat which wasn't touched by the sun. The top is the outside after fading.

the brown has definitely gotten better. It's more of a true brown and less purple. The pinstripes seem the same, but I hope they'll lighten up a bit after a couple more washes. I'll post more pics if I see any more improvement!

Thanks for posting this! I had been on the fence about ordering the Baron suit for a while now because of the color of the fabric swatch they sent me, but this makes me much more confident that I could tone it down a bit

Yeah, I had been thinking about it for a while, but I was really nervous about washing a suit. I thought I might very well ruin it. I kept hoping I would find a post where someone had tried it, but I never had any luck. After I finally got brave enough to try it I figured I'd post a thread for everyone who was in the same boat as I was. I'll keep this updated if I can get it any better.

I put the load size on small. The temperature to hot and set it on delicate. I've washed it twice now and haven't had any problems yet. It's obviously a risk, but so far it has worked for me. Btw, when you dry it make sure you rotate it in the sun every 30 minutes or so that way it fades evenly.

Day two! Here's a shot of the bottom pocket pulled up. You can really see the difference. I think it looks so much better.

Next time I plan to lift all the flaps up so that it can even out just a bit.

So I think one wash and a couple hours in the sun is enough. Much more and it gets a bit too grayish. I might have done a little too much, but it's still ok.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back