TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those of you familiar with Jack Black's band, he sometimes plays a saxaboom during the show.

I have tried for years to find a way to meet the band to see if I could get them to sign the one I have but they pretty much never do meet & greets or any press so I've been out of luck.

So last night the D played here in Edmonton and something extraordinary happened.

I brought the saxaboom with me along with a sign that said "please sign my saxaboom". Jack took notice of this and asked security to pass my saxaboom to him on stage and he used it to perform a saxaboom duet (duel?).

After the little performance, BOTH saxabooms were taken offstage by a roadie and I assumed I was never going to see it again.

However, after the show the same roadie came to me and said that the band never signs anything but he wanted to make me an offer - the next best thing to having Jack sign my saxaboom - how would I like to trade my saxaboom for his personal one that he has been playing for the last 12 years? My saxaboom would then be the one he will continue to play.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!

Of course I said yes!

I was in such shock that I never got a pic or video with the roadie to show to people, but those around who witnessed it said it blew their minds! lol

I did take video of the performance - yes I know, vertical video, sorry,lol

Attachments

• IMG_4973.JPG
    IMG_4973.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Mine was in way better condition than his so I'm thinking maybe he wanted an upgrade? lol

Either way, it was freaking awesome :)

That's cool. Bummer you couldn't get more provenance for JB's though. I bet you could have it authenticated by a third party, based on matching wear patterns from known photos and video.

That's cool. Bummer you couldn't get more provenance for JB's though. I bet you could have it authenticated by a third party, based on matching wear patterns from known photos and video.

Not a big deal as I have zero intentions on ever selling this. It's one of my "grails" :)

True. You've got the story and the memory, which is worth much more than a COA.

Do you have a replica Pick of Destiny? That would be killer. Also, JB's Sasquatch costume is for sale over at Prop Store of London. The three of those pieces (despite the saxaboom not being in POD) would be such a cool Tenacious D display.

True. You've got the story and the memory, which is worth much more than a COA.

Do you have a replica Pick of Destiny? That would be killer. Also, JB's Sasquatch costume is for sale over at Prop Store of London. The three of those pieces (despite the saxaboom not being in POD) would be such a cool Tenacious D display.

I have the POD from when it was released with the CD. I saw the costume but my wife would kill me if I bought it, lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back