teenage mutant ninja turtle statue build

suckface

hi guy's

I'm looking to start my next big project sculpting a full sized turtle from the first film for the next uk prop party

my biggest problem is other than screen grabs their really isn't that much promo stuff that shows good quality pictures of them

if any one can help with some good reference material it would be very much appreciated :)

thanks

I have a promo packet that has some decent pics in it, if you wanna pm me your email address. They are black and white so they should be good pics to use for references. Most of the shots are of mikey, but theres a couple of good ones in there. Also if you haven't already look up the technodrome forum. They have a thread that is dedicated to the movies which has tons of screen grabs and pictures of screen used items.

Hope this helps, I love the turtles and can't wait to see this.

Hopefully these help
1685_5_large.jpg

TMNT%2B2%2B3.jpg

cheers guys :)

still need more if anyone can help, really just looking for the first film as the main reference but if the are any great poses from publicity shots from the other 2 films I'd like to see those ;) thanks again

hi guy's just bumping this up again , I've joined a few turtles fan sites but not got anyhting I really needed from them they seem to be more about the cartoons :(

here's the sort of images I'm looking to find more of and in higher quality
if any one can help please drop me a message

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_13131_Medium.jpg

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_13211_Medium.jpg

203.jpg

definatly going with Raph or Mikey now too but if their are any good poses that would help from the others I'd still love to see them

thanks again

Not really better quality, but here's the ones I have. Hope it's okay to post them here. Found most of them at the TMNT Movie site that no longer seems to be accessible. Rest was found online at various locations I haven't kept track of.

thank you so much mate they are great :)
you've actually made me now make up my mind with the pose for this project

it was a toss up between Raph and Mikey but looking at all the images they are both almost the same hight so the body can be the same and they both seem to pose with their arms folded a lot so that the pose I'm going to go with :)

I'll do Raph first and then once he is finished I'll do a Mikey head sculpt and then pop that on another body and just change the belt :)

thanks again ;)

Can't wait to see you get started on this, all your work is amazing. I'm planning on going down to the craft store myself this Monday to pick up 200 pds. of water based clay to start sculpting pieces for a TMNT costume. The character is pretty simple to sculpt, the only thing that I'll be stuck on is getting the right texture for the skin.
You know I actually wonder where all the original suits are, since they were done out of latex I'm sure they've broken down quite a bit, but it would still be nice to see where they've gone.

it was a toss up between Raph and Mikey but looking at all the images they are both almost the same hight so the body can be the same and they both seem to pose with their arms folded a lot so that the pose I'm going to go with :)
Oh, Mikey is by far the smallest of them all. Leo and Don appear to be the same height, with Raph being the tallest. Pretty much as described in the comics.

Oh... and you're welcome! .)

At one point there was a restoration of a Donatello or Leo suit from the first movie on here. I think it was done by Tom Spina. I did a search but couldn't find it. Maybe if someone has his contact info, you can fire him an email and see if he has any photos.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back