Teecrooz’s Prop Collection: Updated: 22nd of December, 2023

Re: My Lightsaber Builds (All Real Parts and Replicas)

Obi #2??

show off :)

I can't even finish one :)

Both good, but i'm partial to the darker grenade - though i realize the other isn't completed yet,

Yeah, sorry about that Mike. I think I got you most of the way there so far. Send me a PM or an email with what was remaining. I might have another piece for you. :)

As for two, they really are two different beasts. One has the hot tap, one has the cold tap. The grenades are different cuts from two of the different machine shops/factories that made them. And lastly, the balance pipes are one from each of the rpf group engine buys (the original and the more recent on).

I dig the dark one but agree with Ed, if you're doing two, the bare metal makes for variety and I think, a better collection.

I'm still trying finish mine, still searching the world over for a balance pipe and I'll be complete. The last mile...

That's insane... Those grenades are greatness. Did the wind vane ring come like that?!?!?!

Well, I continue to get somewhat sidetracked on projects. I have grips cut for My Luke ANH, but have not applied them to the flashes. I need to cut the grips for the Luke ESB, Vader ANH, Vader ESB/ROTJ as well as harvest some calc bubbles and cut the Vader bubbles to length. I might make some of this progress this coming weekend.

Also on the to do list is to decide which grenade to use on my real parts Obi saber #2, figure out which extra graflex clamp will be sacrificed, as well as add the bubbles. Here is a WIP on that project. My first one is on the top in the first picture, and the new one is on the bottom (the one without a clamp). The other grenade option is also below. Each has it's benefits. What do you think?

That's insane... Those grenades are greatness. Did the wind vane ring come like that?!?!?!

Thanks Scott. Yes, the windvane came like that. I have another one from that factory and it is the same way (Chaim, this picture is of the one you are getting as soon as I can mail it out).

No.3 a.jpg

Thanks Chris ... indeed fellas ... I rejected many grenades before, yet this one that Chris found was immediately to my liking . . .

OB1%20No.3MkI%20grenade%20-%2005_zpsfda9s5yk.jpg

(Picture Courtesy teecrooz 2016)

. . . finally my holy grail OB1 ANH lightsaber quest is coming to a close :)

Chaim

Congrats Sym-Cha, It's a beautiful piece. So cool to see it finally happening for you! Can't wait to see pics of the completed greatness.

Also on the to do list is to decide which grenade to use on my real parts Obi saber #2, figure out which extra graflex clamp will be sacrificed, as well as add the bubbles. Here is a WIP on that project. My first one is on the top in the first picture, and the new one is on the bottom (the one without a clamp). The other grenade option is also below. Each has it's benefits. What do you think?

Use the dark grenade with notches... I still believe the original prop had AT LEAST TWO notches. :D

These are on the sidewalk in my neighborhood too, and all I ever think is: that looks good for a Luke Graflex, yep.

You're kidding right? On the sidewalk? What's it's purpose there? :wacko

Chaim

You're kidding right? On the sidewalk? What's it's purpose there? :wacko

Chaim

The ones I came across were in the ground also. They were at a pizza place called Mellow Mushroom. They use them to strap down a weather barrier on the outside patio.

Posted this in the another thread, but thought I would out it here also where it belongs.

- - - Updated - - -

You found your mpp's?

I found the ANH one for sure, but the ESB/ROTJ one needs a thicker one step shroud to match the screen used one. Still need to cut the grips for it also. I wanted an ESB without screws on the grips and a ROTJ with screws on the grips.

IMG_1386.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back