Teecrooz’s Prop Collection: Updated: 22nd of December, 2023

Re: My Obi-Wan Lightsaber Build (All Real Parts and Replicas)

Quick update: I switched out my grenade.

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0437.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG

Last edited:

Looks great. But then I thought it looked just as good before the switch.

Nicely done. I'm still not tired of seeing those parts again and again and again..:) Simply love the look.

Thanks guys.

Not another one. I decided to bite the bullet and refinish the one I was going to keep as a display piece. I'll keep the No.3 MKII as a display piece instead, and can put all the "extra" parts from this one onto one or Roman's replicas. The refinishing wasn't all that labor intensive. I had to remove the grime and lacquer that was covering it. To do this I used a dremel steel wire bit. The whole thing was very shiny (see pictures on previous page), so I blued the frag body, and hung the brass over some ammonia to dull the finish.

I might need to find a new home for the old one.

Last edited:

damnitman! Share the wealth! I need a new grenade that's accurate!!! My brain hurts!!!

That does blow me away. Chris, do you have a time machine and go back in time to collect these grenades? lol. You still have one of the best grenades I've seen. Accurate with the right windvane (I think symmetrical) and really good looking.

Regarding transistors, it seems that Motorola TO-99s are the way to go. If you have any I might hit you up.

Lol... I saw that one when I was looking... is this for your 'before lightsaber duel' and 'after lightsaber duel' display? :lol

I tried to order it a few months back but the seller would only ship within the UK. I stumbled across it again a couple of weeks ago and decided I wanted it. Marv helped me out by purchasing it and then shipping it to me.

Update:

In the past week or two I received a 'hot' AS handwheel (to accompany the 'cold' one on my saber) and my booster cone with cotter pins arrived (fitted to one of Roman's replica steel boosters).

I just wanted to get a group shot of all the parts while I was designing a display case and plaque to identify all the parts. Once I finalize the display I'll post the design, but if anyone has any ideas for a display case or plaque, could you post them here?

DSC_0003.JPG

Sweet. Look forward to seeing it.

Update:

In the past week or two I received a 'hot' AS handwheel (to accompany the 'cold' one on my saber) and my booster cone with cotter pins arrived (fitted to one of Roman's replica steel boosters).

I just wanted to get a group shot of all the parts while I was designing a display case and plaque to identify all the parts. Once I finalize the display I'll post the design, but if anyone has any ideas for a display case or plaque, could you post them here?

Where on earth did you find the booster cone?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back