Teaser of upcoming Leia saber project

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since it's always fun to check out works in progress here on the ol RPF, I thought you guys might be interested in seeing some teasers of a project Tony Lage and I have been working on for some time now. We've kept things a bit quite, but as I move to prototype stage on this, I thought I'd drop some pictures here to share with the group. By now, there are already a few Leia sabers out there. But, we think that neverhteless, this will be something pretty special when it come to fruition. I'd love to hear what you guys here all think about this project.

Leia Teaser3.jpg

Leia Teaser2.jpg
Leia Teaser1.jpg

Thanks guys. The hilt should be able to take electronics. The internal emitter tip will be removable and FX people can replace it with a led holder--as on my other hilts. I'm trying to decide if the set screw hole in the pommel will be enough for sound venting, or if I'll need to have a whole extra sound venting pommel there for fx people. Thoughts?

Extra pommel for the static guys
Well it already has an accurate pommel. And part of the design of the original prop is a set screw right at the bottom. If you take out the set screw, it leaves a hole in the center of the pommel. My question is, is that single hole enough for sound, or should there be an additional pommel with a bunch of holes.

Thanks guys. The hilt should be able to take electronics. The internal emitter tip will be removable and FX people can replace it with a led holder--as on my other hilts. I'm trying to decide if the set screw hole in the pommel will be enough for sound venting, or if I'll need to have a whole extra sound venting pommel there for fx people. Thoughts?

I'm doing a separate vented pommel on ours. The set screw hole won't allow enough air movement. It'll be muffled

Absolutely gorgeous, Dan!
Thanks. But all the modeling was done by Tony, I just provided random bits of direction and feedback. Which he was always far too gratious to take, tweek, and retest. If I was him, I would have had it a long time ago. But he always soldiered on and remade the model again and again until we got it just right. I think we're at gen 15 or something :)

Thanks. But all the modeling was done by Tony, I just provided random bits of direction and feedback. Which he was always far too gratious to take, tweek, and retest. If I was him, I would have had it a long time ago. But he always soldiered on and remade the model again and again until we got it just right. I think we're at gen 15 or something :)
Ah, thanks for the correction! still I say, very well done!

Well it already has an accurate pommel. And part of the design of the original prop is a set screw right at the bottom. If you take out the set screw, it leaves a hole in the center of the pommel. My question is, is that single hole enough for sound, or should there be an additional pommel with a bunch of holes.

Aahh!! Didn’t know that! I think the set screw would work no?

Will it be able to easily convert to neo pixle? I know a lot of folks sill like the in hilt led but neopixel is king now.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back