TE Sandtrooper

Originally posted by voice in the crowd@Mar 13 2006, 05:59 PM
Fantastic pics. The weathering is amazing.

Could have smiled in your photo :p

I know I would be smiling if I had such great armour.

:thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup
[snapback]1205045[/snapback]​

As my photographer says, "there's no smiling in the Empire." :p

nice, i would go a little more dirty, and a little darker but i like how u got the dirt into the creases and crevises that it would really get into in real life.

looks like real dirt, not paint.

(dont listen to me, i find imperfections in everything.)

Originally posted by TK1536@Mar 13 2006, 04:10 AM
AimingE11.jpg

AimingLewis1.jpg

AimingLewis2.jpg

Forward1.jpg

HoldingLewis1.jpg

LewisInTheAir.jpg

LookSirDroids2.jpg

HeadShot.jpg

[snapback]1204566[/snapback]​
MAN THE ARMOR LOOKS GREAT, I HAVE ARMOR BUT ITS NOT A SANDTROOPER . KEEP ON TROOPING.

Lookin good Mike.

Nice Pack.

GREAT paint job too.

Can I nit pick ya for a second? I'd say switch the nylon gun strap for a leather one. Would look cooler. That is the ONLY bad thing I can find with that suit.

and DAMN you skinny.

:thumbsup
Originally posted by TK1536+Mar 13 2006, 11:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK1536 @ Mar 13 2006, 11:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-voice in the crowd
@Mar 13 2006, 05:59 PM
Fantastic pics. The weathering is amazing.

Could have smiled in your photo :p

I know I would be smiling if I had such great armour.

:thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup
[snapback]1205045[/snapback]​

As my photographer says, "there's no smiling in the Empire." :p
[snapback]1205079[/snapback]​
[/b]

I bet you couldn't stop smiling all the time you had your helmet on :D

Can't stop looking at the pics they just look fantastic. Very impressive :thumbsup

Picture 6 would have looked great on the box of the Gentle Giant sandtroopers.

Off topic I know but just out of interest where are the photos taken and what bridge is that?

Cheers Chris.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Mar 13 2006, 09:26 PM
Lookin good Mike.

Nice Pack.

GREAT paint job too.

Can I nit pick ya for a second?  I'd say switch the nylon gun strap for a leather one.  Would look cooler.  That is the ONLY bad thing I can find with that suit.

and DAMN you skinny.
[snapback]1205220[/snapback]​

yeap... I'll upgrade the strap soon. And yes, I'm skinny. 6' tall, 155lbs.

All pictures were taken at Sandy Point State Park, here in Maryland. The bridge is the Chesapeake Bay bridge. I live about 20min away from it so taking the pictures was easy enough and the weather on this particular day was great. I just called up Charlie, asked if he was up for taking some pictures... spur of the moment thing.

Awesome suit Mike, I hope my future Sandy turns out as good, really flows together nice. Give some big props to your photographer also those are some awesome shots and you can see that it really makes the suit pop by having some really nice pics of it.

Now THAT is sweet :thumbsup

I`d go as far as saying that is my favorite Sandtrooper replica.

Cheers
Ben

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Mar 14 2006, 12:54 PM
nice, i would go a little more dirty, and a little darker but i like how u got the dirt into the creases and crevises that it would really get into in real life.

looks like real dirt, not paint.

(dont listen to me, i find imperfections in everything.)
[snapback]1205182[/snapback]​

L

Yes, I keep coming back to this thread just to get all teary-eyed. Hehe. It is a thing of beauty. Quick question. When trimming the thighs, how'd you know how much to cut them down? I can't see any lines that deliniate where the flash begins and the actual piece ends. Did you just eyeball it? I know that area will be hidden behind the styrene strip, but I guess it's possible to make that flat area behind it wider than the strip if you didn't trim it down enough.

Originally posted by TD5422@Mar 14 2006, 10:26 AM
the sling does not look like leather to me, I'll stay with cotton webbing
[snapback]1205504[/snapback]​

I don't think the original was, either.
In this picture it's clear that it's a cotton-type of material. Sorry, I don't have access to the larger photo at the moment... but it's a screencap from the fourth DVD if you want to double-check.

fun28.jpg

Also, for the thigh trimming. I really just eyeballed it, but wanted to keep as much plastic there so there was more surface for the epoxy to adhere to. You'll also want to double up on the inside, too, especially on the calfs.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back