AimingE11.jpg

AimingLewis1.jpg

AimingLewis2.jpg

Forward1.jpg

HoldingLewis1.jpg

LewisInTheAir.jpg

LookSirDroids2.jpg

HeadShot.jpg

It looks absolutely awesome... You're the perfect size for it too. I still need to get rid of my holiday pounds so that the armor will close up on the sides ;)

How did you do the joints on the legs, arms etc.? Did you overlap the armor and add the strip or is it butt together with the strip on top? Just curious.

Also, how did you do the belt?

I'm just trying to make some decisions ;)

Originally posted by MonCal@Mar 13 2006, 12:59 AM
It looks absolutely awesome...  You're the perfect size for it too.  I still need to get rid of my holiday pounds so that the armor will close up on the sides ;)

How did you do the joints on the legs, arms etc.?  Did you overlap the armor and add the strip or is it butt together with the strip on top?  Just curious. 

Also, how did you do the belt?

I'm just trying to make some decisions ;)
[snapback]1204612[/snapback]​

Thanks guys,
None of the parts are overlapped. Everything has a strip of plastic on the top of the seam.
The belt is made of canvas. I bought a yard of white canvas and folded it over itself three times, then sewed it together. It's attached to the plastic using E6000 glue. Industrial velcro is also glued to the canvas using E6000, so it wraps around me and holds tight. It's also held on with two snaps on each side at the hip - just like the originals.

Originally posted by Trooper TK409@Mar 13 2006, 04:08 PM
Awesome. 4 and 6 are my favorites. Very nice photos. You did a great job on your outfit - great website too.
[snapback]1204591[/snapback]​

Sorry - but 4 and 6 what ???

Originally posted by Bountyhunter Niko+Mar 13 2006, 07:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bountyhunter Niko @ Mar 13 2006, 07:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trooper TK409
@Mar 13 2006, 04:08 PM
Awesome. 4 and 6 are my favorites. Very nice photos. You did a great job on your outfit - great website too.
[snapback]1204591[/snapback]​

Sorry - but 4 and 6 what ???
[snapback]1204697[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think he means the forth and sixth pictures.

Missed the pink legs between your thigh and bottom bottle on the backpack picture. :love

you know I'm just teasing since you are the Photoshop Man.. :p

That looks increadibly sharp. Those are some fine photos, they really came out nice. If you photoshop out the bridge and water, those photos could be movie stills.

Originally posted by clonesix@Mar 13 2006, 11:18 AM
That looks increadibly sharp.  Those are some fine photos, they really came out nice.  If you photoshop out the bridge and water, those photos could be movie stills.
[snapback]1204769[/snapback]​

Thanks Jon, I'll get around to Photoshoping out the bridge later this week on a few of them.

Rob, I never saw that kid there, wearing pink. I'll have to Photoshop that out, too.

Looks fantastic.. I just got my helmet done last night. My MP40 canvas repros. also just arrived in the mail so I'm allll set.

Question, are your MP40's green w/ black leather straps? My IMA ones are, but I didn't know if they were supposed to be black canvas.

Steve

Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster@Mar 13 2006, 03:14 PM
Looks fantastic.. I just got my helmet done last night. My MP40 canvas repros. also just arrived in the mail so I'm allll set.

Question, are your MP40's green w/ black leather straps? My IMA ones are, but I didn't know if they were supposed to be black canvas.

Steve
[snapback]1204909[/snapback]​

yeap, they're green. Paint them black, and slightly weather them with some brown fullers Earth.

Fantastic pics. The weathering is amazing.

Could have smiled in your photo :p

I know I would be smiling if I had such great armour.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back