TDK Joker props (merged)

kyrack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone know what kind of knife Joker is using in "theknife" pic from whysoserious website? Are the purple gloves an off-the-shelf item or custom for the film? They look a little like Isotoner gloves my father used to have. Also does anyone know about the clown mask Joker is wearing in the IMAX pic in the bank? I've been looking at clown masks online but so far no luck. I realize it may be a little early to try and find these items, but better to get them now before the rush of props come out just before/after the film next summer. If anyone has any leads on these items please let me know. Thanks.

Re: TDK Joker props

I'm going to take a crack at this but there are probably others here better suited to the task.

http://www.whysoserious.com/

3511jsr99.jpg

Unless someone comes up with a store-bought version, I'm gonna guess it was produced for the film.

In fact, someone posted on "batman-on-film.com" a still frame from the 60's Batman series when Caesar Romero's Joker was disguised as Pagliacci and wore a sad-clown mask...which looks very similar to the one worn by Ledger. The writer believed it to be a homage by Nolan.

Here's the link

Steve

Last edited:

Anyone know what kind of knife Joker is using

YUP!!!
I got mine at a local gun show several years ago. It's a OTF (Out the Front) switchblade. I also have it in black like the one in the photo.
Sorry I couldn't post the pic here...too large...But, here's a link to see it.
Ed-209

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/TheSpyboys/MISC/Batman-DarkKnight_Switchblade.jpg

You know who made it, or where I could buy one?

Also, here's a promo item they were giving away at SDCC

sdcc_jokermoney.jpg

I think this is a ingenious way to promote a movie really....Im looking forward to the movie, and hope it has a Frank Miller feel to it. I dont dig the Joker makeup it looks hurried and sloppy IMHO.

I also would like to know the maker of the switchblade....it has to be on it somewhere.

The 'NEW' Joker looks like s##$$%it, why is it that the character has not be a guy who gets a deformed face and goes off the deep end. :angry and too hide it with lame ass make up and hair :rolleyesfor once go with a comic version like the killing joke :cool

aljf:eek

Last edited:

Kylash, you are THE MAN!!! thanks!

arent out the top switchblades illegal in some states? I hate to raise that issue, but I think I heard something about it awhile back.

probably, and probably why paypal doesnt like them and i cant find any on ebay ^^;

I don't like the look of the joker. It does look "realistic" like someone like a criminal would actually flake out and do that but I would have perferred something like this. I think this one is creepy and dark.

Now someone could say it looks campy but it could be done right.

We'll see though when the movie comes out.

joker59cl.jpg

As for the look of the Joker - you guys are missing the point. Nolan's vision is based in reality. Find me a vat of chemicals that will bleach skin and change the hair to green? No such thing? What about if we have a psycho criminal who in some fight gets his mouth slashed, which sends him over the edge?

Personally, I'm a big fan of the TAS Joker (1st season)

Just about the knife, if you look at the screencap, there seems to be a circular indentation at the end of the cental cutout (near the point). It looks too well defined to be a trick of light or anything else.

I don't see that particular feature on the any of the knives that have been posted.

Maybe it's just me...

-Fred

Just about the knife, if you look at the screencap, there seems to be a circular indentation at the end of the cental cutout (near the point). It looks too well defined to be a trick of light or anything else.

I don't see that particular feature on the any of the knives that have been posted.

Maybe it's just me...

-Fred

Go to post # 7 on the previous page (by ed-209). You can see the circular indentation in the photo of his knife that he posted a link to.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back