TDK First Build

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by chewierip, Nov 6, 2011.

1. chewierip

chewierip New Member

Hi Guys - long time lurker and I've dabbled in various costume projects before, but nothing since I found the delights that this forum has to offer.....

Anyways I after seeing Omel and Chimmera30's efforts I knew I couldn't use the fact I was broke as an excuse any longer... so here are the progress pics of my TDK build - mostly foam camping mats and some cardboard for the armour, the cowl is duct tape / card - I was aiming for Halloween this year, but a particularly vicious bout of man flu made that impossible, at least I have plenty of time for next year now :)

Foam Armour and First Duct Tape cowl.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didn't like the cowl so have binned that and started again with a modroc bass and putty for features:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then finally got round to shoving some paint on the thing.... Undersuit incidentally is an EDZ thermal jobbie from my bike riding days:
    [​IMG]

Feel free to criticise etc :) I know it's not screen accurate, but worth a go :)

ps. Leave the love handles alone :p

2. Graphic Jordan

Graphic Jordan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is a great start. I might have to do one of these guys myself. :)

3. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

Looking good!

4. Venjix

Venjix Well-Known Member

That looks awesome dude. I'll be keeping an eye out for this!

5. chewierip

chewierip New Member

Thanks guys, hopefully won't be too long before I have something more to show - I have an old pair of curtains that are looking pretty good for a cape right now, just hope the Mrs. doesn't notice they're gone......

6. omel

omel Well-Known Member

bravo!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup, your cowl is shaping up to be an awesome piece,the suit is coming along great as well, keep everyone posted on your progress....and yep...lack of funds brings out the creative juices in everyone:lol, i raided the storage room a number of times to get old stuff (read: junk:lol) that can be utilized..

7. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

That's going really well matey!

Rich

8. firebapx

firebapx Well-Known Member

hey buddy can i ask where you got your foam templates i need the batman ones for a costume im starting its not batman but im using his suit ?

9. COSTUMEKING

COSTUMEKING Member

Hey looks good man the foam cutting is long drawn out process

10. homolka1138

homolka1138 New Member

It is coming together nicely, can't wait to see finished photos

11. jacksadventures

jacksadventures Active Member

Great job this is a really fun suit to build