TDK Costume Recommendation

rdwingman

Hello everyone,

I am looking at getting a Dark Knight costume but I am not sure if I should get a UD Replicas version or a GothamCity FX version. I am looking for a screen accurate version. Please let me know what y'all think between those two or if you have any other suggestions.

I have come to like the Arkham Knight version. So suggestions for that version would be great.

Thanks

Tundra Designs is working on an screen accurate tdk suit. Custom Replica Props, and Revolution Designs are running full suits as well.

Ud replicas motorcycle suits are great. I own 2 of them. They are comfortable, and are easy to get in and out of.

Last edited:
Thanks. What are your thoughts on the UD Replica version vs the Gotham City FX version?

The main reason I am consider GCFX is that it is a complete set but I haven't seen any reviews on their product. I've seen plenty on the UD version.

I contacted Tundra Designs and they said they were currently not working on one and Custom Replica Props looks to be a bit out of my budget.

GCFX is banned from the forum for re-castings. I believe his suit is a re-casting of Hell Kitchens suit? I've also heard that his castings are pretty thin urethane and tear off the mesh pretty easily. I'd steer clear.

Is Hells Kitchen still making these suits? What are thoughts on their product?

Custom Replica Props says they have the HK molds now so I'm not sure if it the same people just new company.

I have hellskitchen, gcfx and UD suit. I think I can give you some advoice. My first suit is UD suit, great quality, but I want a screen accurate suit so I sold it. I also have a GCFX suit before, very fast shipping, the suit is lighter, the quality just so so. I sold it too. I got my hellskitchen suit last month, very high quality, and it's the most accurate one out there, but the wait time has a bit long. just becareful with Revdesign Industries, I have a friend ordered a TDK armor set from him but never get the items. he got refund in the end.

Last edited:
I recommend calling in to UD Replicas, and talk to David about sizing. Tell him if you intend to use the suit for costuming, display, or motorcycle riding. He will guide you to the best fit.

I've seen some very nice mods done to them to help make them more screen accurate. Modified or not, it is an incredible suit. I have the nomex, and tdk styles.

I'm curious about a urethane suit, but I'm concerned on how easy / difficult they are to be worn. Not to mention how durable they are to costume in, as well as getting in and out of them, etc.

Coofunkcurly makes great tdk cowls and capes too.

I'm really torn between the UD TDK & their Arkham Knight version.

I found Coofunkcurly's eBay and he has a cowl for both versions but I didn't see any capes. Do you know where I could find a cape?

He did several cape runs here on the rpf. I would message him directly. He did a run of 2 different versions of the cape.
One was a hero cape, that was long to have the cape drag on the ground. The other was a stunt cape, that was shorter to help not being stepped on. They are very light weight, and both versions look screen accurate!

Last edited:
If you want a screen accurate belt, get coofunkcurly's belt. It's incredible.
If you want a belt with pouches that function, go with UD replicas.
Happy to help! Keep us posted on your status, or feel free to ask any further questions.

Guys I'm in the same position at this stage and would like to buy a TDK suit, but it seems most are either offered as kits or waaay out of budget!
I'm really considering to get a kit from custom replicas, but would like some confirmation from members on how trustworthy they are, they claim to have Kris's molds.
also I would really appreciate it if someone who has had experience with building a TDK suit from a kit could hit me up so I could ask him a few questions on the process? I'm very inexperienced in that field lol

quick shoutout to HK Kris for the smoothest transaction ever. Great quality products from a supportive seller! Can't recommend him enough.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back