TAUNTAUN

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK Moof milkers, high time for another larger than life build methinks. Have been planning this build for a while now and the time feels right to tackle it.
In essence I am going for a full size Tauntaun with Han on his back.
The amazing Riley's Replicas Tauntaun is what I am trying to emulate as it seems to be the best one out there

F257TBim.jpg

So I have modelled and printed the head, which I will finish in the usual way. Still got to attach the horns of course
Difficult to get great prints on this scale but the head will be resin coated and filled with PU foam after the glass eyes go in

4yThQAUl.jpg

kVJzS4Bl.jpg

NcDFVwml.jpg

So I've started on the structural side of things first. My approach for the body is to build a wooden armature using heavy treated timber. Fill out the main body shape with PU foam, skin it all with fibre glass and then fix on the head, arms and tail.

KOLoXYam.jpg
VdjTXDGm.jpg

cO01Pw8l.jpg
eBSetchl.jpg

So awesome! I really envy your work. Your projects are so ambitious and always come out so incredible. We're not worthy, we're not worthy...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back