Tattoo sketch

BlickBT

This is my first posting here on the lair. Getting a new tattoo on Saturday (3/19/2011) and would love to hear what you guys think. the tat is going to end up being a sleeve and will be in color

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

Though I understand the fact that this is a perspective drawing, his left arm and hand feels off. I am reminded of Hellboy. Also, and again, this is just meant as a "second set of eyes critique", the body seems squashed in respect to the legs, despite knowing why it is in its current position. Other than those two comments, I love the concept and respect the fact that you are immortalizing the Pred on your arm!

I can see what you mean brad,.....bt it's all sortof forced perspective,.....his left hand if nothing else should be even bigger because it's coming toward you,...and since the angle is a sloping downward shot,......his whole body would get smaller and smaller,.....

just my thought on it,.....
i'm sure the tattoo artist will make any abrupt changes that are needed,...
pluswrapping a design around an arm / leg etc.
would mean certain things askew anyway ,...and would have to compensated ,...

sorry if thats confusing,....i get that look all day at the tattoo shop when i try to explain why something flat looks flat,....
and why 3d is the way to go ,....hahahah

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back