TASM 2 Accurate From Scratch

kiyominai here on theRPF actually has an unused production piece herehttp://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=226451&page=7&p=3724669&viewfull=1#post3724669I think he also has the palm pattern of the suit with the "pad" and "finger tips texture" but he hasn't taking any photos of it yet. You could probably ask kiyominai to match the screen used red piece to give out as swatches

Forgot about that. But given this pattern (photo by kiyominai) compared to ref pics of the actual suit...

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.27.51 PM.png

I'm guessing that this may be in the very early stages of production of the costume, or it might have been slightly modified since the seamlines on the gloves are located around the wrist
Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.33.13 PM.png

Forgot about that. But given this pattern (photo by kiyominai) compared to ref pics of the actual suit...

View attachment 515420

I'm guessing that this may be in the very early stages of production of the costume, or it might have been slightly modified since the seamlines on the gloves are located around the wrist
View attachment 515421

It's not an early production piece. There are notes on the back of the fabric that I didn't take photos of (there are names on them so in order to maintain their privacy I didn't take a photo of it) but it's definitely the final pattern piece. The reason why it extends beyond the intended seams is because the "leftovers" were used to fabricate battle damaged suits that way no pieces would go to waste which unfortunately we didn't get to see.

It's not an early production piece. There are notes on the back of the fabric that I didn't take photos of (there are names on them so in order to maintain their privacy I didn't take a photo of it) but it's definitely the final pattern piece. The reason why it extends beyond the intended seams is because the "leftovers" were used to fabricate battle damaged suits that way no pieces would go to waste which unfortunately we didn't get to see.
Can you describe what kind of material was used for the webbing? Does it have the same texture as puffy paint, it glued down urethane, or is it something else?

Can you describe what kind of material was used for the webbing? Does it have the same texture as puffy paint, it glued down urethane, or is it something else?

Definitely not the same texture as puff paint. It smells like the high density ink I work with mixed with some kind of additive that gives it that dense look while at the same time gives it a glimmer when light hits it. I took a video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYGaSIVvKNk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Thanks alots for those reference guys :)
I will start the progress for my next suit in next week, and this time i will gonna created a pattern looks even more accurate to the movie than this one

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back