Taptalk notifying of posts and replies years old

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

dontfeedmyego

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone else getting this?

I get a topic reply or notification from taptalk... and it’s for replies or posts that were made years ago.
It’s happening over and over.
Am I crazy?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

dontfeedmyego

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The impact of the Green Lantern Movie

Upvote 0

dontfeedmyego

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Tekkaman/Teknoman crystal doodad - lil help needed

Upvote 0

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to check to make sure that it wasn't an old thread that had a new post that post was deleted (that was not the case here). We are having a number of other issues with TapaTalk that may force us to disable it. I will have our tech person check to see if this is a know issue.

Upvote 0

Jedisushi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This started happening for me a month or two ago.

I think I’ll just use the mobile site going forward. It’s really quite good anyway!

Upvote 0

roygilsing

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm experiencing the same. I thought it was related to the hack on the RPF the Art mentioned a while ago. It started about two months ago indeed and it's pretty annoying because old posts are considered as new post (in my subscribed threads). About half of my notifications are like this.
So this is only happening on Tapatalk?

Roy

Upvote 0

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm experiencing the same. I thought it was related to the hack on the RPF the Art mentioned a while ago. It started about two months ago indeed and it's pretty annoying because old posts are considered as new post (in my subscribed threads). About half of my notifications are like this.

Roy
The hack? Was the site hacked again?
I know we had the Russian hack back in 2012 and that wouldn’t be causing any of these issues, but now I’m curious if there was another hack since the site upgrade?

Upvote 0

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The hack? Was the site hacked again?
I know we had the Russian hack back in 2012 and that wouldn’t be causing any of these issues, but now I’m curious if there was another hack since the site upgrade?
The site has not been hacked.

Roy
The site has not been hacked (unless you are referring to the incedent back in 2012). We did a major software upgrade that resulted in the Junkyard image issue but that has been resolved. This issue appears to only be related to Tapatalk.

Upvote 0

roygilsing

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My apologies. I must have misunderstood. I recall there were recent issues with the site. Maybe it was an old post as well!
I will contact Tapatalk support to see if they understand what might be the cause.

Upvote 0

roygilsing

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I checked again with support. This is what he replied:

"I've not heard back from the technical team about this. I'll bump up my request."

Upvote 0

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
There was a time, especially back in the vBulletin days when tapatalk was valuable. However, they have become bloated and slow as they have tried to change their financial model and they simply aren't keeping up. The site is now more mobile-friendly than ever. I would strongly encourage you to give it a try. If you are used to tapatalk, it will feel strange, to begin with but you will get used to it pretty quickly but I believe you will have a better experience.

Upvote 0