TANTIVE IV 3D PRINT

Based on your experience, assuming one is all set up with a large and small 3D printer (And assuming I can figure out how to use the darn things) can you estimate what this would cost in material to print off?

Actually quite difficult to say...I never look at filament/resin use, I just buy more when it runs out. Also, so many factors; nozzle size, infill %, support material etc. For something like this, depending on what size u go for obviously, but at full studio scale it could be maybe 25,1kg rolls but that could totally off on a different set up.
Because this model is all curves I'm planning on printing it with most of the the plates and greeblies attached, as printing stuff without a flat surface is problematic.

Here are some pics on the print bed at half studio scale, which is what I will print it at to test everything before tackling the twice studio scale;
hxRqdoFm.jpg
wkbYb9hm.jpg
yT5h4gqm.jpg
LYbHi1cm.jpg
o068yULm.jpg
TO0tfcqm.jpg
JCaWgNSm.jpg
Dx5lqDtm.jpg

I have a few...these are all on the Prusa i3mks but I have a few CR-10'S of all sizes and a coupla resin printers; Mars, Saturn, Formlabs

The Side cannons are likely a hold over from when it was supposed to be the Falcon so Luke and Han could shoot their way out during the DS escape... as the BR it didn't need those and made more sense for them to be Docking ports... that's my rationalization anyway.

The modeling you're doing looks great!

Jedi Dade

Wow Graham!!!

Absolutely stunning!! You continue to break ground in these incredible models. Always amazing to see what you are creating and the speed you do them!!

This is really looking great! I like your approach and design and your greeblie details are incredible.

Going to be another awesome build foe sure!

Thanks for sharing.
-Sean

Cheers Sean, thanks for your kind comments...coming from someone who is tackling this beast, it means a lot. Your work is inspirational and exquisite, as always. And like you, I have just finished the engines too;
Luckily, modelling wise, there is a certain amount of repetition and mirroring in the greeblies here but almost all engines are a bit different.
TANTIVE 22.jpg

I like to think they ran out of the AMT 1/25 California hauler parts used on the left side and had to make do with the Airfix 1/24 Hurricane parts on the right
TANTIVE 23.jpg
TANTIVE 24.jpg

Here are the sliced pics;
9y07lC4m.jpg
G3v0fF8m.jpg
5il4bI8m.jpg

Just a thought... you may want to model in the engines "hollow" to save on resin/weight as well as allow for lighting (looks like you may have done this in the slicer pics). You may also want to "key" the Engines to make alignment during construction easier. getting all of those engines to line up properly while glue is setting is a bit nerve racking and a PITA while they are all kind of "floating" where they are supposed to go... just sayin

Jedi Dade

Thanks for your input dude...yep, the engines are hollow and ready to accept an LED fitting. I was thinking to use a conduit tube to lock the engines into the manifold housing but I'll see how they are when I've printed them

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back