Tamiya LCP.

ralphee

Sr Member
Anybody using this light curing putty? Just had a blast with it last night, and i have to say, im really impressed.
Ive been looking for a quick curing, NON SHRINK putty for an age now, finally it seems ive found it.
Comes out kinda like runny egg yolk, and is very easy to apply, but its the curing that blows me away.
Its not air drying at all, the blob i spread out on a piece of styrene stayed plyable for hours.
Its when i applied light, via my bench Flourescent that it cured in about a minute and a half and was easily sanded in.
Give it a go guys, its not cheap, but then most imported Tamiya products arent.

bests..........lee

Wait a second...... Tamiya Boy hasn't used this before? It is good stuff. I have a few toobs of it around the place.

Heh, no "Tamiya boy" had not used it Simon lol. Oh, your kits are in a box, need to pack it all neat and pad the job, but ill be in touch soon if ya still want 'em buddy, sorry ive been off the map, just busy busy right now.

lee

Just saw it at my Local Hobby Shop today. Its very pricey for a small tube.

Anyway, I would like to ask, instead of any light, would UV light cure it faster? Do we really have to work in the dim light? Just askin'

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back