Tamashii 1:6 Scale Brass C3-PO Weathered

TatooineMachine

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I scored a brass cast TamashiI 1:6 C3-PO for less than $300 and then sold my Sideshow 3-PO for $200! Still can't believe this happen....The Tamashi piece is quite amazing, he's very heavy, his articulation is very tight for poses despite being heavy, eyes light up - a little too bright, the only thing I didn't love is that he was very clean like in the Yavin medal ceremony. I'm a Tatooine fan and he needed to be dirty like when he was on Tatooine. So here's my first go at it. I used Testors black and sand acrylic washes and a baby wipe to dap it off.

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

Last edited:
Never knew these existed but what a cool idea using brass. It looks amazing. Perfect weathering for that pre lubrication bath look, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! For most of the weathering I do, I follow the ILM method that Cameron told me about - three to four colors of washes: black, sand, brown, & rust. I applied black pretty generously then dabbed it off with a baby wipe, let dry, then follow with tan on the feet and lower calves, then detailed the soles of feet with brown. The baby wipes are just damp enough to pull some of the paint off but not all of it. Do not wipe! Very the wipe in different “wads or folds” to very the texture. On 3-PO, I went over him the next day with a tiny brush with the black wash to simulate the drips and runs of oil & lubricant.

I have to admit, it took me several months to decide and build up the nerve to weather this guy. I got a smokin’ deal on this guy, but these Tamashii C3-POs are upwards of $750 these days. So a fat cocktail was consumed for added courage! I am happy with the out come, he’s very Tatooine now. Thanks again for the nice comments, it always feels good to have others that you like, respect, and trust compliment your work!

If you ever find another 3PO for that amount, think of me please
Ebay.de has them for 700-800 EURO plus s&h/ fees etc :mad:

thx ;)

My buddy Russellsch sent me some amber colored transparency to change the eyes to the correct color, thanks Russ! This was very easy and makes the eyes the perfect screen accurate color!

Before

IMG_3131.jpg

Surgery - remove the face, remove the two silver phillip screws and black plastic retainers, remove the white LED diffuser piece, place colored slide between the brass eye panel and diffuser, and reassemble!

IMG_3132.jpg

After

IMG_3133.jpg

Besides weatherin, this is by far the best mod you could do! Thanks again Russ!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back