Taking screen accuracy a "step" too far, Biker Scout boots.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

wolf

This will hopefully be the latest upgrade to my Biker Scout costume, a lot of trial and error to follow. Any advice on best rubber for boot soles very much appreciated.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Risu

Master Member
I've been very curious about casting boot soles as well. I look forward to any info posted here.

kidzarmorer

My Grandfather was a shoemaker- cobbler , he would carve the soles after re-soling boots and shoes. I think the heat and fumes involved in melting / pouring shoe rubber would be a deterrent .

Junglie Scout

I have an original pair of the HI-Tec (Woodland version) shoes and even tough they're a size 12 US (I'm a 7 UK) I've taken various moulds of the sole detail with a view to making myself a pair. A friend of mine is a 3D modeller and at the end of May he'll have one of the boots to work from with a view to making a workeable CAD/CAM file.

cavx

Master Member
I use a clear flexible polyurethane for the soles (NIKE MAG) I make. Supplier pending, you can spec the shore. Mine are A65 which seems to be good wearing.

Attachments