Take out the eyes

Use a dremal with the circular piece sort of like a small circular saw, its what i used to get the eyes out, worst case scenario use a saw but its not recomended

using a dremal ? it didnt when i used it, it was fine, i wouldnt know about a normal saw i dont even wanna try lol

I have always used the dremel with a router-type bit to cut out any openings in helmets/masks. Most of the ones I have done have been larger openings than a standard pred bio, though. I will be using this to cut out the eyes on my bio soon. One thing I do not try to do is take out the entire space with the router bit. I try and take out a large section ("large" is of course relative to the total opening) out of the middle and then use the sanding drums to slowly open the area up to the edges. This helps keep from the router bit cutting too far/deep and gouging the edge of the opening (yep...did this the first time I tried cutting out for a face screen on a helmet :) ). I then use small electronics files to get into the nooks and crannies.

Hope this helps and good luck. That should make one kick ass looking bike.

The eyes are left in to keep it stronger for shipping.

If you look in the back of the bio you can see where the eyes are suppose to be.

Take your sanding bit on your dremel and sand out from the back.

Sanding it from the back will keep you from marking up the front and making a flat surface for the screen or lens. Holding it up to the light will tell you how much more and where to sand more.

Now that you have it sanded out then just pop it out.

Now you can go to the front and do any touch ups.

You can also take ruler and mark out the spacing for drilling. This is for making your own screen using the resin lens area as the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually use a little different method in which you have to have strong yet gentle hands. I first drill a hole or holes, then I switch to a sanding bit (Dremel or a small one from a hardware store) that is coarse and start working my way to the edges. Then I switch to a finer bit for finishing, this method hasn't failed me yet and best of all you could just use a regular drill (the strong and gentle part applies here), but most of the time I use a dremel all the way around.

I think the best method is the dremmel tool that is like a drill bit. it cuts through anything. I belive its called a multi purpose cutting drill bit. 5$ then sand it.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back