Announcement Tagging System

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We are testing out vbulletin's integrated tagging system to tag threads and better identify the source (usually movie) to which a thread is related. Members cannot create tags, but are able to use preexisting tags to tag their threads. Again, this is just a test at this point.

We have tagged all existing threads in the Screen Used section using relevant movie titles, show titles or game titles. While members can't create their own tags, they can tag any thread. We strongly encourage you to tag any new threads you create. Our list of movies and tv shows is quite extensive. Just start typing the full name of the movie and a list of movies starting with those letters will appear. This will help group similar threads together and make it easier to find threads belonging to the same movie. Thanks!

Please revisit the tagging issue. none of the tags I wanted to use in my recent post were pre-existing, so the site wouldn't allow them.
I TRIED to tag it with the movie name, but apparently "Big" doesn't exist here. Unless of course, I want to wade through dozens and dozens of pages of results using the words 'big' as an adjective.
Same with the actor's name, same with character name, and anything else that someone could find useful when searching for information. If it doesn't exist already, we can't create it. So hundreds of movies and thousands of actors/characters/props are left to hopefully be mentioned by thread name.

If nothing else, can we view this so-called 'tag cloud' and find clickable links to a list of posts covering that particular tag?

Regards,
David

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back