T2 Endo Rifle 3D Print Model [WIP]

Looks clean and believable :cool:

Just my $0.02, I'd think about removing the word 'firearm' from the right side stamping ... not from an "b scared o'da ATF!1!!11" [which I'm sure isn't a problem in the Philippines], but rather because it's more of a "laser pew pew", than a firearm, per se ...
Maybe something shorter like "Before use, read the operator's manual"?
Thanks!

Good point, I guess it's better to be safe with legalities. Maybe proper laser or plasma specific warning labels are more appropriate for this prop.

Looking cool. I believe Propstore has pictures of their endo rifle sales with measurements included. Better to go with those.

For the top of the magazine, perhaps carve in the circuit board lines as seen in printer cartridges along with a nossle like opening where the material comes out to form the plasma. Though... it will probably never be seen much, so probably no need to go crazy detailed.
Thanks! I checked the dimensions on the ones that were available, it looks like I'm just short by an inch with the lower barrel, and 2 inches short with the magazine.

Good idea! maybe I can fit a battery pack in the magazine, so the detail is aesthetic and functional.

I don`t know, as a Terminator, if you need that kind of warning on your weapon;) I don`t think that they would have a safety on that baby!
I think the other grip style accounts for the machine sensibilities. It doesn't seem to have a conventional safety device, and that grip seems pretty unwieldy.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

There are always (at least) two sides to making an accurate prop. One that is true to the original design, and one that is true to the movie (idealized).

P.S. Then there are the sides that are crap and not even close, and it goes down from there. :lol:

TazMan2000
I think there's a 3rd side to prop making - the "avoiding/skirting IP" side. :D

We're going for an idealized version with this model - it already has a couple of functions that the original doesn't have.
Right now, I'm looking at making the rear(?) sight blade adustable.

The sight blade is now a separate part. I think it needs a bit more engineering to make it relatively functional.
M95A1_ASSY_34.JPG

And a couple of adjustments to the overall dimensions. It should be (approximately) the correct size now.
M95A1_ASSY_35.JPG

M95A1_ASSY_36.JPG

M95A1_ASSY_37.JPG

I believe I read somewhere that they had to change out the grip and trigger part with the bigger one, as the endoskeletons couldn't hold the one from the real gun or couldn't get their finger in through the trigger guard or something similar.

Or maybe the other ones were just background weapons!?

Looking great from where I stand(y)
Thanks!

I believe I read somewhere that they had to change out the grip and trigger part with the bigger one, as the endoskeletons couldn't hold the one from the real gun or couldn't get their finger in through the trigger guard or something similar.

Or maybe the other ones were just background weapons!?
I thought the larger grip was simply based on the concept art. I guess it makes sense to change the grips to fit the endos.

The version with the oversize grip was actually from the Universal Studios T2-3D attraction, not the film.
Interesting information!

....Does this mean I need to work on an "Endo grip" version eventually? :D

More parts! The sight blade now has a proper adjustment rail (will work on some detents so it can retain its position).
M95A1_ASSY_38.JPG

And figuring out a workable magazine catch.
M95A1_ASSY_39.JPG

M95A1_ASSY_41.JPGM95A1_ASSY_42.JPGM95A1_ASSY_40.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back