T-21 Sandtrooper Blaster or Lewis Gun Spotted on film!

Corellianexports

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was watching Sand Pebbles with Steve McQueen this morning and noticed about 3 or 4 Lewis guns on the deck of a small Naval ship. The film is from 1966 and I'm wondering if at least one of these was reused in Star Wars?

This is the first time I've seen one of these used in a film other than Star Wars. Has any one else spotted one of these in another film?

I think I remember seeing one years ago in the Tom Selleck movie "Road to China." Although it may have been the aircraft version, but I remember the magazine. It might also have been used in the "Lost Battilon" and "All quiet on the Western Front." Both of which are World War I movies and it possible the Lewis Gun was used in them, but I don't know.

There was one used by Lee Marvin in The Professionals, starring Burt Lancaster.....(1966)

(I love Biggles BTW ;) )

Here's a Lewis gun in Biggles. sorry about the quality but this is from an old VHS copy. :rolleyes

lewis.jpg

Notice the casing spitting out in the last frame.

(If you want to know why he has a white suit on, watch the film for yourself.) :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back