fc92779d.jpg

c96b80f5.jpg

70327fd9.jpg

5643458f.jpg

8662a7a9.jpg

44ec9d10.jpg

6c4ccfd7.jpg

40780609.jpg

What is wrong with your eyes? After some explanation the Terminator could now cry making him even more human like! Very cool though.

Eyebrows and eyelashes look off. Eyelashes seem kind of long. Eyebrows just, I do not know, seem really fake. The face itself also looks kind of narrow. I'm not sure about the sculpt. Aside from all that, the paint application is perfect. It's just what you painted on that needs work and the two things I already mentioned.

Well, the eyebrows are fake, there is nothing else I can do with a resin bust. If it were silicone , they could be punched in, but with a resin bust, this is the only alternative other than sculpting them on. If you have any better ideas on how to put real hair eyebrows on a resin bust, I would love to hear how.
I can always trim the eyelashes some. It's not a sculpt, this is a cast of the Stan Winston Production bust. It doesn't get any more authentic than that. So for it being narrow, that's how the original Winston bust was.

Got to agree there. Your skin-tone paint is great, but the eyelashes, eyebrows and watery eyes detract from it.

You should try trimming the eyelashes, then squash/crumple them a bit so that individual hairs overlap and clump instead of splaying out and not touching each other. The perfectly straight, splayed look tends to only be seen on females who use mascara and eyelash brushes.

I know you're going for more "life" by wetting the eyes more, but the liquid you use tends to pool along the lower eyelid making Arnie look like he's crying or has allergies. Honestly, I'd just stick with unaltered glass eyes.

And the eyebrows - I know I've pointed it out before, and you're doing for a more budget approach, but they really don't work well on Arnie. He has really bushy eyebrows, and the ones you use are too thhin/sparse. The gel(?) that the hairs are attached to also has a thickness that casts a slight shadow and makes them obviously stuck on. Gluing on clumps of hairs is the way to go. If you use small clumps instead of single hairs, it'll go much fast and with Arnie's thick brows will look right.

Please don't take this as a put down. You're painting work has come on leaps and bounds, but it's always the eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows that (for me) never quite look right. Hopefully what I've said was constructive enough, and if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. :thumbsup

I appreciate the critique, but unfortunately, I am very limited when working with a resin bust with the eyebrows. They don't make any that are bushier. Believe me, I've looked. There isn't much to work with in that department. And those eyebrows are $ 50.00 a set, so I'm not really after the budget approach. Just I have no other choice but to use them.

It's great and I really do like it but he looks sad. Like he is about to bust out crying.

What if you cut the one eyebrow in half from the battle damaged side, messed around with the lashes and kill some of the gloss on the eyes?

Please do not take offense to any of the above. You did some amazing work.

I agree with the comments about the eybrows...they would look MUCH better of you glued on hair on small clumps 1st. It would look more authentic that way instead of like Hannibal Lector cut them off and pasted them on.

Your paint is awesome...killer actually, but the small things that distract from realism take away from the wow factor and remind us that its fake. If you implement a couple minor changes, you'll be that much closer to convincing people that its actually Arnie ;)

I haven't tried gluing eyebrows on individually, it's something I'd have to play around with and test out. Sometimes I prefer sculpted hair. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back